Madness!!

Beavis

As a person who classes himself as a 'good christian' and by that I mean a good person who understands 'christian' values, and not someone who goes to church every day, I wonder what the world is coming too??

I know little about the muslim faith or the importance of the name Mohammed but I fail to see how its use can offend.

What if I, as the above described 'christian', decided to call one of my children Mohammed? Is that any different to calling them Jesus or Joseph or Paul or Peter or any of the myriad other names from the bible.

I am a firm believer in abiding by the rules of which ever country you are living but I am also a firm believer in tolerance and that is, in my opinion, what has been lost here.

I am sure a few words of advice and a written apology would have cleared this problem in a 'tolerant' way.

Ming the considered

Agreed Ming. I have lived in the middle east for some time and as such had to become interested in the Muslim faith to get about my day to day activities. I was also lucky enough to meet and talk at length to politicians and business men from many countries who were guests on the motor yacht I ran.

It was interesting that nearly all had a very healthy repect for clerics who in the name of religion had the absolute right to interpret the Koran as they felt.

This has happened in Europe in the past and as ever extremism without tollerance is dangerous in any cause.