Any owners in the fleet area?

Shards

Hi got a slight problem and I would like to meet with another 350 owner that has a performance exhaust system so I can run a small test..

Cut a long story short i changed my backbox for a HKS one and wanted a bit more noise, so I then replaced the cat with a decat pipe and noticed whenever i lifted off as the revs dropped you could hear (what i would discribe as a kind of metal spring noise) .. So i thought maybe it was the flex in the standard Y peice causing this noise.. So i replaced the standard Y piece with a HKS Y but the noise was still there... So i decided to replace my decat with an Envy performance decat pipe .. but the noise is still there..

So I put back the standard box and the noise has gone .. but that could just be because the standard back box has lots of sound reduction in it.. So what I would like to do is try another peformance backbox on my car to see if the noise goes away.. I have a friend who has a garage in fleet so we could meet there .. swap the back box and all i have to do is rev the car and I will know if the noise is still there or not..

I have spoken to HKS and they won't do anything at this time unless I can prove its the back box..

this noise is really p***ing me off as its just makes the car sound crap.. and no, its not rubbing on anything under the car, heat shield etc.. it sounds like its the ressing inside the exhaust that is making the noise.

Anyway .. if anyone can help it would be really great.. I am actually in SE london .. but as i said it would be best that we go to my friends garage as he wont charge for the swapping around etc.

Thanks

Mark