remapping an HR 313...for character - Tuners?

GriffGTV

Can the electronically controlled cam timing + other parameters be fettled to introduce a power step mid way through rpm? - I know they spent ages trying to get linear delivery....however I do like the kick you get from aggressive cams / FI - perhaps lower rpm and throttle opening can be tuned better for economy and hi rpm / large throttl openings tuned for power to help provide the step?

The lazy return to idle when throttle is closed seems avoidable with such hi compression - what is causing it? - Is it purely mechanical, ie over weight flywheel aimed more at the US comfort market?- Or is the oe fuelling being messed around with on over-run? (I remember a dolomite srint - far quicker to rev up than down..how wrong ts that?!

Is there a superlight road set-up option at sensible price (assuming power remains below 240 bhp and near oe torque) - is there a youtube link to how engine thus fitted sounds? - Mods to map that can help, eg variable valve timing / fuel map?