Nearly messed up

leebottrill

I Went to leave for work this morning as usual and thought i'd check my oil. Popped my bonnet, then drove to work. It wasn't until i got to work that i realised i had left it open :wacko: Thank god they have a catch!!

Car looks fine, and no damage done. that i can see!

Could i have caused any problems here? it was a 10 mile drive with a mix of roads!

WHAT A PLONKER!!

we once saw the bonnet fly up on some poor girls old corsa or something - she must have been doing about 50mph, flew up, ripped the bonnet off the hinges and smashed the windscreen. Understandably she was pretty shaken up, poor girl. luckily it was a relatively quiet A road, stayed with her until her boyfriend arrived. but yeah, definitely check that your bonnet is secure!

we once saw the bonnet fly up on some poor girls old corsa or something - she must have been doing about 50mph, flew up, ripped the bonnet off the hinges and smashed the windscreen.

I was once a passenger in a car when the bonnet flew up and completely blocked our view without warning :scare: . I was getting a lift to work with my shift foreman on 2 till 10 and we were doing around 60 mph on a dead straight road near Ellesmere Port. This was in the 60's and the car was a Vauxhall of some type, maybe a Velox. We managed to pull up safely and secure the bonnet before continuing, damage was fairly minimal amazingly, just a crease where it hit the roof. I don't think its much of a problem these days although the Renault Clio I had was subject to a recall to fit a safer bonnet catch.

Pete

we once saw the bonnet fly up on some poor girls old corsa or something - she must have been doing about 50mph, flew up, ripped the bonnet off the hinges and smashed the windscreen.

I was once a passenger in a car when the bonnet flew up and completely blocked our view without warning :scare: . I was getting a lift to work with my shift foreman on 2 till 10 and we were doing around 60 mph on a dead straight road near Ellesmere Port. This was in the 60's and the car was a Vauxhall of some type, maybe a Velox. We managed to pull up safely and secure the bonnet before continuing, damage was fairly minimal amazingly, just a crease where it hit the roof. I don't think its much of a problem these days although the Renault Clio I had was subject to a recall to fit a safer bonnet catch.

Pete

I was about to say, a friend of mine had a old Clio and the bonnet flew up on the motorway! He had only been driving for a couple of years at the most. Must have been terifying.