Motorsport Dream

Jetpilot

Pikes Peak B)

Sadly, not the challenge it used to be, they paved it right up to the summit in 2011.

Pete

Damn :angry::lol:

If they were real racers, they'd race DOWN the hill :p

I'd do world rallycross me thinks, those cars are truly mental, or maybe aeroplane racing! If it goes wrong, it's basically curtains for you :lol:

• Like 1

personally, I reckon something like the blancpain series, or Lamborghini super trofeo would be quite sweet. either that or F1 - i'd want a series that offered a good amount of seat time across a whole weekend, and get a chance to see lots of different racetracks.

maybe not F1 as I couldnt be arsed with all the modern systems management going on and the politics, I just want a big naturally aspirated V10 or V12, no TCS to save you if you balls it up, and mechanical grip so you can follow cars closely through the corners. My dream series would have been FIA GT1 in a Lamborghini Murcielago, but sadly that was discontinued.

Edited by brillomaster

Pikes Peak B)

Sadly, not the challenge it used to be, they paved it right up to the summit in 2011.

Pete

Probably a bit safer going down as the really big fall offs are on the way up. You would need darn good brakes coming down at speed though, you'd almost certainly boil the fluid on most road cars :scare:. Pikes Peak is a road that anyone can drive up for $12 per person, well worth it as the views are quite amazing. The peak itself is at 14,100 feet and when I went in late June a few years ago it was absolutely freezing with fresh snow. Although the drive to the top and back is only around 40 miles there's a sign at the entrance saying "no gas available, do not enter unless you have at least half a tank of gas", yes, its that steep!

Pete

Pikes Peak B)

Pete

Probably a bit safer going down as the really big fall offs are on the way up. You would need darn good brakes coming down at speed though, you'd almost certainly boil the fluid on most road cars :scare:. Pikes Peak is a road that anyone can drive up for $12 per person, well worth it as the views are quite amazing. The peak itself is at 14,100 feet and when I went in late June a few years ago it was absolutely freezing with fresh snow. Although the drive to the top and back is only around 40 miles there's a sign at the entrance saying "no gas available, do not enter unless you have at least half a tank of gas", yes, its that steep!

Pete

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the offs be in the same place if they ran the current course in the opposite direction? :lol:

Strategically the fastest way down would be with a very large parachute, fast and furious style :lol:

Pikes Peak B)

Pete

Pete

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the offs be in the same place if they ran the current course in the opposite direction? :lol:

Strategically the fastest way down would be with a very large parachute, fast and furious style :lol:

The safest way down (and up for that matter) would be to use the cog railway :lol:

Pete