Tonights football Farce!!

Andy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Beckham England don't have anyone who can cross the ball to Crouch. He doesn't have the skill to head the ball without giving away a foul.

Wright-Phillips can run gamely and will hopefully create something with Micah Richards because his crosses make even the smallest of defenders seem gargantuan! He's pi$$ poor.

Joe Cole could provide the spark we need to get a goal and maybe Gerrard will be motivated by the captaincy and give a man-of-the-match performance.

Not so long ago this would be an easy call, 3-0 to England. Not so anymore...... It's probably nail biting all the way. :scare:

I'm such a die-hard supporter that I'll be blaring out the National Anthem and expecting a win. 2-1 England. If Becks gets 30 or more mins then 3-2 England.

I don't even want to imagine what tomorrow will be like if we lose :cry: and what am I gonna watch next summer :wacko:

Q: What's the difference between England and a tea bag?

A: The tea bag stays in the cup longer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Why has Maclaren banned his players from owning dogs?

A. Because they can't hang onto a lead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sultan of Brunei was getting a bit cheesed off as he had 6 children, all girls, and therefore had no son and heir. Imagine his joy then, when one of his wives presented him with his only son and heir.

Just before his son's sixth birthday, the Sultan took him to one side and said, "Son, I am very proud of you. Anything you want, I shall get for you". His son replied, "Daddy, I would like an aeroplane".

Not wanting to do anything by halves, his father bought him British Airways. Just before his son's seventh birthday, the Sultan took him to one side.

"Son, you are my pride and joy. Anything you want, I shall get for you." His son replied, "Daddy, I would like a boat".

Not wanting to do anything by halves, his father bought him P&O Ferries. Just before his son's eight birthday, the Sultan took him to one side. "Son, you bring so much happiness into my life. Anything you want, shall get for you." His son replied, "Daddy, I would like something to watch films on".

Not wanting to do anything by halves, his father bought him MGM Studios and their cinemas, where he watched all his favourite Western Movies. Just before his son's ninth birthday, the Sultan took him to one side. "Son, you are an inspiration to us all. Anything you want, I shall get for you."

His son, who had caught the 'Western' movie bug, replied, "Daddy, I would like a cowboy outfit". Not wanting to do anything by halves, his father went and bought him the England football team.

David Beckham goes shopping and spots a Thermos flask. 'What's that for ?' he says. 'It's to keep hot things hot and cold things cold,' says the salesman. Beckham buys one and takes it home to show Posh. 'It's to keep hot things hot and cold things cold,' he says. 'You ought to take it to work,' she tells him. So he takes it in to training the following day. 'What've you got there, son?' asks Sir Alex. 'It's to keep hot things hot and cold things cold,' says David. 'That's a good idea,' says the manager. 'What have you got in it?' 'Coffee,' says David. 'And some ice cream

David Beckham is visiting a school. In one class, he asks the students if anyone can give him an example of a tragedy.

One little boy stands up and offers that if my best friend who lives next door was playing in the street and a car came along and killed him that would be a tragedy.

"No," Beckham says, "that would be an accident."

A girl raises her hand and says, "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove off a cliff, killing everyone involved, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explains Beckham. "That is what we would call a great loss."

The room is silent, none of the children volunteer.

"What?" asks Beckham, "Isn't there any one here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally a boy in the back raises his hand.

In a timid voice, he says "If an airplane carrying David Beckham was blown up by a bomb, that would be a tragedy."

Beckham beams. "Marvellous! And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," says the boy, "because it wouldn't be an accident and it certainly wouldn't be a great loss!"

Will be watching from behind the settee :headhurt:

If we don't go through my summer will be bloody ruined! :dry:

It will be ruined if they go through Nixy anyhow, because no doubt they will fail again and put the whole nation through agony. To be honest if they went out it would spare us next summer's agony. ;)

True but what about all the bbq's and beer and getting into the spirit of an england match even if they do let you down in the end - can't beat a summer like that! I even take my holidays off work around the football if it's on during the day! Anyway, I'm a leeds united supporter - i'm used to disappointment!

True but what about all the bbq's and beer and getting into the spirit of an england match even if they do let you down in the end - can't beat a summer like that! I even take my holidays off work around the football if it's on during the day! Anyway, I'm a leeds united supporter - i'm used to disappointment!

Quality! :thumbs:

Now thats a classy bird :teeth:

What an absolute load of garbage and a great advert for English football. They are totally pathetic. :dry:

Just a team of absolute Numpty's even if they still qualify i will not change my mind. The entire team need sacking along with the manager and the FA.

And to think people actually pay to watch this!! :lol:

And european championships??they could not win a lads and dads championship. And to think that some of the players are on a 100 grand a week. :wacko:

No best to go out now than too ruin the summer next year. :thumbs:

:rant::rant::rant:

Im not a football fan, but I reckon its down to them all being overpaid and more interested in their own image and lifestyle than they are in winning for their country.

Paying them £150k if they lose is hardly an incentive is it. The simply havent got the passion or drive of other nations, and it shows over and over each time.

I've just read a post on SELOC. A guy posted at 5:30pm

Football Tonight

I predict.....

England come out with all guns blazing, and then let in a goal after 2 minutes

He was close it was 8 minutes... :lol::lol::lol:

They deserve to loose and at least we can hopefully then waive goodbye to McLaren.