possible project car

zebedy

We've always talked about getting a project car for the missus, a soft top for the summer as a toy. Something to fettle over a year or two. Was looking tonight at the MRS. Mr2 mark three. Not great on the looks department but Toyota reliability and a manual roof which is worry free. So trolling through the web for ideas and came across this!!!!!!!

Not a huge car conversion fan myself, but this..........I would build this.... Stunning.

Image from http://www.luxurypart.com/home/images/stories/2012-08-31t03-34-31.jpg.

Problem. The kit makers are in thiland.

Looks like a lot of parts though so can kinda understand, there are some 350z kits I like but you are talking similar money for the rare ones :surrender:

If its only being kept for a year or two then budget a bit smaller maybe :lol:

Edited by evilscorp

Tribute automotive. Ye know of them. Dont like that ferrari rep tho. Not my cuppa. But do appriciate what work goes into these. And its a project to span two years not to keep for two years. Lol

A friend of mine was interested in turning this:

mazda-mx-5_miata_roadster.jpg

Into this:

MX250mainlarge.jpg

with the help of these guys - according to them it can be built for £4,000 including a donor vehicle.

http://www.tributeau....com/mx250.html

The problem with this is....... it still sounds like an MX-5. Someone in my town has done something similar. It looks like a Ferrari but sounds like an Astra 1.7 TD :thumbdown:

• Like 1

Agreed, but I still quite like that. At least it has a great driver's car as the base, not a crappy FWD saloon or summat.

Plus, it's really easy to fit a V6 in that engine bay. Not quite the same, but appropriate I think.

thing is, its so obviously not a Ferrari as a genuine 250 GTO will be worth many millions of pounds and unlikely to be ever seen on public roads. Anyone who knows cars would know its a kit car.

Plus the real thing looks quite different to the kit, id say the kit was only based on the GTO rather than trying to be a replica, so could get away without having a 3litre V12 or whatever it had!