BLOODY FITNESS REGULATIONS!!!!

Zedrush

:rant::rant::rant::rant:

I've been teaching martial arts since I was 16, I have a class twice a week for fitness martial arts hitting pads and working up a sweat like taebo and its proving very popular. Rather than work for the leisure company for 20 quid a time, I hire the hall for an hour and a half for 30 quid and charge people a fiver, normally get about 40 to 50 adults+ per class and I sell them nutrional packs and martial arts equipment on top, its quite a good little earner.

But for some reason last night the manager at the leisure hall wants me to stop because I teach to music and I am not qualified level 2 ymca that allows to teach to music. Dispite the fact that I have member to member insurance and personal indemnities. :rant::rant::rant::rant: Now got to get a poxy ymca level 2 certificate about 700 quid just so I can teach my class to music :dry: the other option is to carry on teaching but turn the music off... B£llOCKS !!!!!

Anyone done any fitness courses or any expert advice in this area :wacko:

Red tape. :rant:

I certianly don't have any fitness qualifications. I have no fitness full stop! :blush:

Your class sounds interesting though. I always fancied the martial arts sort of fitness but I'm a total pacafist and fighting for sport is as pointless as fighting down the pub for me. :lol:

:lol:

Just dont get the world its full of political crap and money making pointless schemes. Trying to figure a way around it. Cant have music whilst teaching, but can still teach, just not to music. :wacko::wacko::wacko: Or pay over 700 quid so I can turn the music on and teach..

Not being funny I know loads of personal trainers and music fitness teachers most aint got a clue. You get some weedy 7 stone kid trying to teach people how to push weights and yet the gym praise him cos they are getting all the money and giving him 6 quid. Then they look at me a see me as a threat, cos I look like I push weights and get more interest, pay my dues to the leisure centre, make a profit of my own back now they want that too :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: wheres that shotgun gone to :boxing:

So what is stopping you from forgetting'to bring your boom box each week and one of your students bringing along his own ( for personal use only of course and one that looks remarkably like the one you used to bring ) and turning it on during your lesson... ?

Only in this country would we have health and fitness improvement as one of the major Governments targets and then put as much red tape in the way as possible to stop it being easily available.... :rant:

So what is stopping you from forgetting'to bring your boom box each week and one of your students bringing along his own ( for personal use only of course and one that looks remarkably like the one you used to bring ) and turning it on during your lesson... ?

Only in this country would we have health and fitness improvement as one of the major Governments targets and then put as much red tape in the way as possible to stop it being easily available.... :rant:

tried various ways around it, no loop holes what so ever. apparently if you are caught teaching and you have no license to do so with music your nsurance could be void as well. :wacko: