Brake pads rattling low speed?

Zeezeebaba

So, all that's left to replace now are the front pads and a new set of drop links.Now the thing is this,I'm still getting a low speed rattle over rough ground emanating from both sides of the car. I've had the compression/banana arms plus cones done and to be fair there is no movement in the drop links but they are being replaced next week. The only thing that's loose is the pads as no shims are present.

My question is, has anyone experienced pads knocking before?

I know they clunk slightly when coming to a standstill after reversing which highlighted the missing shims in the first place but is it possible they can rattle at low speed?

I've ruled out the ARB bushes so drop links aside the pads are the only thing left to do.

The only thing I can do is replace the pads and fit shims. Plus a new set of links to rule that out. Brakes function ok and all the other bushes including arb's are sound. The noise is only evident at low speed and my head is saying drop links.