Tallying my options

-Bradders-

If its stem seals then just get the stem seals done, I dont know about VQ's but why do you need to take the head off to do it?

In fact you dont need to take the head off http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/wolfpdf/VQ_SPRING_REMOVER_INST.pdf

Failing that, ask yourself how much it costs to get an engine from Ireland to the UK, then ask yourself why this guy is selling a working VQ for £600.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the post on fb selling page? also i didnt know you didnt need to take the head off to do the seals! I've just bought a mk6 fiesta as a run around so after wales i can take the car off road for a bit and see what can be done. im just always pressed for time otherwise im happy to take on the challenges myself.

as for getting it to the uk, he says 820 delivered so with the euro at the rate it is today, thats close to 1100 euro. which i know is still silly cheap. anyone got any questions i can ask? lol

Dude there isn't anything you can ask him to make your self happier. He's either going to rip you off or you'll have a sound engine. It's 50/50 - Doesn't matter how genuine he looks on FB etc.

It's a gamble whether you buy it. It's down to you, not us.

Could just let it carry on smoking?

Thats what i am doing for the time being lol. i suppose if i pay for the engine via paypal goods, then if its @*!# engine, i can just claim the monies back, at least that way i'll have a spare engine to start building on lol

£10 says he won't send it via that way. Or at least, he won't if he's got any sense, because I wouldn't sell an engine to a stranger across the water who could just claim it's broken when they botch the install.

Not saying you will, of course, but he has to cover himself as well if he's genuine. Look, buying that engine is a total gamble, it's 50/50 as Grundy said, if you want it then get it but don't expect anyone here to agree with you.

• Like 1

But that's what he's going to think/claim if the engine is knackered. Seriously, this is a really bad idea.

If you want the engine that badly, get whoever is going to fit it for you to purchase & supply it, as it becomes their problem then.