Help..

Payco

Just swapping back to an OEM engine cover which Keyser has kindly supplied, however I am looking for the nuts (seem to remember there may have been two) to secure it to the plenum. Does anyone know what size the thread is so I can source some ?.

Thanks

Martin

They're M6 IIRC. The 2x at the front are domed nuts. The 2x to the rearof the cover are just M6 bolts (but the one on the RHS is a PITA to get to under the strut brace).

Edited by 14N

Thanks 14N. Strut is coming off and being sent away. Just cant remember if I kept what I need when I sold my oem cover before I fitted my current rare jdm cover. Appreciate your reply.

Edited by Payco

Just been out to check mate (as I was no help what-so-ever with your seat connection query - :sorry: ).

Definitely M6. The rear bolts would be fine 20-25mm long and you'll need a pair of nuts and washers for the two at the front. Domed nuts would look best (polished for your bay of course) as they're on display.

When removing your Rare cover, you should see 2x 6mm threaded pins sticking up - it's these that locate in the front two holes of the OEM engine cover, and the domed nuts screw onto.

:thumbs:

• Like 1

Got it. Top man. Thanks. Managed to find them last night just at the point I was blaming the wife for tidying up my spare 350z parts to the point that I couldn't find them !!!. Thanks Ian, great help. Confirms I have found to right bolts...

Nice bit of tweed there too..

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

Just trying my luck... As you are so kind at helping me out if I ever lose things. Lost a corvette engine I had in my garage too. Any chance you've got one I could have for free ?.

Just trying my luck... As you are so kind at helping me out if I ever lose things. Lost a corvette engine I had in my garage too. Any chance you've got one I could have for free ?.

Nope, haven't seen a single LS3 - for a long time also........ Although I will tomorrow :ninja: