Whats she worth

maddog1982

post-19621-0-60393800-1429866625_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-59985900-1429866626_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-34312800-1429866627_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-79962500-1429866629_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-28937900-1429866629_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-79375800-1429866628_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-33540400-1429866628_thumb.jpgpost-19621-0-83867200-1429866627_thumb.jpg

I'm looking for a little help, its with a heavy heart I've decided its time to see my Zed. The problem is the price, I'm struggling to work out what to ask for it! Here is a little more information, any help would be appreciated.

Here a rough list off the top of my head. In no particular order,

2007 (56 plate) gunmetal 296 GT with sat Nav

Full history, and I really mean full! There are stacks and stacks of receipts, and a fully stamped up service book. I am the 3rd owner, with the last owner being a doctor owning her from ten months old. There is even a receipt of 22k when he bought it!

58k miles but will increase.

Cosworth panel filter fitted after I bought her.

Replaced clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder and a braided line less than 2000 miles a go.

Full cobra cat back done last year, again, i bet it hasn't done 5000 miles.

Ferodo front pads replaced this year.

Rear pads replaced last year.

MOT until Dec 15.

Rays refurbed Sept 13, three are immaculate with one having a tiny bit of curb rash that I only discovered last week :-( at the time I replaced the rear tyres for MPSS I have put 10000 miles on them and they still look as new.

Car is washed by hand weekly, rinsed, snow foamed, cleaned with autobrite products. Shes had a full valet 3 times since I bought her in Aug 2013.

Front bumper needs a respray due to stone chips, I am having this done in three weeks time.

Stubby aerial!

She really is one of the good ones, and when washed the paint work comes up like glass. Always run on Vpower.

Pics on the way.........

Edited by maddog1982

Would suspect a few of them on autotrader would have also had the clutch done if they have 60k miles on them. I am not sure you can command a big premium for it (even though its a stinging bill when you do get it done), the car might be easier to sell but many clutches run to 100k miles some go at 40k, maybe stick a few hundred quid on for having had it done.

Looking at PH etc looks to be around 8.5k to 9.0k from a dealer, 7.5k ish from private - I would suggest in terms of what you will actually get for it knocking off say 5-10% when people make offers?

• Like 1

Would suspect a few of them on autotrader would have also had the clutch done if they have 60k miles on them. I am not sure you can command a big premium for it (even though its a stinging bill when you do get it done), the car might be easier to sell but many clutches run to 100k miles some go at 40k, maybe stick a few hundred quid on for having had it done.

Looking at PH etc looks to be around 8.5k to 9.0k from a dealer, 7.5k ish from private - I would suggest in terms of what you will actually get for it knocking off say 5-10% when people make offers?

It stung alright, it wasn't slipping at the time but the pedal was high, it made night and day difference to the driving of the car.

I had the clutch suddenly go (also had a high pedal when I bought it) after about 4000 miles from buying mine, gutted as all the mod money I had aside had to go on probably the dullest of things in a clutch. Fortunately my dad and brother fitted it so no labour cost.

I think the actual selling point of your car is how unfettered it is - apart from the exhaust (assume its the quieter one!) its in great nick, if I were writing the advert that would be my focus.

• Like 1

Just make up an ad with the price you want.

If it doesn't sell, then you know it's too high and you can change it accordingly.

I honestly fail to understand the point of "what's it worth" threads, as PH/AT give a pretty good indication once you have ignored the ads that are scams.