Wheels sizes

dannybz

This might be a daft question to ask but..... I believe the rays are 18.8 (front) and 18.8.5 (rear) is there any way to know which is which while on the car is there any markings? just want to double check tyre guy fitted them back on the right way as he said he struggled with putting the tyres on them... just thinking maybe he tried putting the tyres on the wrong wheels ie: the 225s on the 18.8.5 ? :unsure:

should be able to tell by looking at the tyre sidewalls - 225s on a 8.5" rim will be showing a bit of stretch, while 245s on an 8" rim will look like they're oversized. both sidewalls (a 225 on an 8" and a 245 on an 8.5") should look the same, if theres a noticeable difference front to rear then i'd think something was amiss.

should be able to tell by looking at the tyre sidewalls - 225s on a 8.5" rim will be showing a bit of stretch, while 245s on an 8" rim will look like they're oversized. both sidewalls (a 225 on an 8" and a 245 on an 8.5") should look the same, if theres a noticeable difference front to rear then i'd think something was amiss.

Only works if he fitted right tyres to the right wheels