New project- returning to jap

LRF4N

After I had to sell the zed I got a skyline R33. Loved it but the 90s jap interior every day was starting to annoy me. So when it got written off I went German with a 325 m sport. Nice cruiser with the auto box

But the plan was always to get myself another jap car to play with. Got a lot on just now so couldn't spend big. Was planning a stanced G35 project but the project budget was slashed

So decided on this- RWD, mid engined using money from selling my shed (GS300) and some skyline parts sitting in the garage. Only 60k on the clock, service history, paintwork in good nick apart from a rust spot on the door and all the bolsters tear free (rare on these lol)

Il get better pics up tonight

AD181106-2CF2-43E6-86A9-66362B1F9F29.jpg

• Like 1

Ermmmm..... Let's just say the plans for this will make it more marmite than my last 2 :lol:

The thing I miss most about jap cars was the social side of the car scene. Still got the beamer as my daily

:lol: :lol:

No definitely not mate. The replica kits aren't marmite they're just shite lol

One of my old mates about 12 years ago had a yellow MR2 with the full Ferrari body kit. Tbf from a distance it did look like a Ferrari but just got shi**er & shi**er the closer it got to you (interior nothing like a Ferrari & neither was the engine or exhaust note). :lol:

Look forward to seeing how you get on with yours though. ;)

Paintwork is pretty good for it's age. Could do with a spit and polish but for a baseline it's much better than most

Love how it drives. No power whatsoever :lol: but gives plenty of smiles per mile. Excuse the skip

43BCB433-E6C2-4ADF-8924-E2CF95B3F481.jpg

D358E93E-E084-443C-8A0A-559C846ACD23.jpg

I know they're last millennium but I'm loving the pop up lights. I was giving everyone way on the motorway just to see them go up :lol:

60199A5B-E878-494C-A5F3-490F3091468B.jpg

• Like 1

Col your right about the roadster. But for me looks come first on any car regardless of how well it does it's job. Yes it's a fun drive etc etc but makes you look like a ponce :lol:

I see the gt86 as a modern day mr2 even tho it hadn't evolved directly from them

Keyser this is my first project that will not be my daily so I can be a bit more adventurous with it. Might be a while before I get stuck into it tho

I do like the mk1 but it's too old for me. Always wondered what the designers were thinking when the mk3 went into production. Lost all it's appeal

Say what? Easily the best of the bunch IMO, one of the finest handling cars Ive had the delight of driving and you can pick them up for close to Mk2 money these days as well. Totally impractical but as close to a real sportscar as you are going to get.

I thought they lost the plot with the Mk2, I mean, 152hp, 1300KG and a hardtop does not a sportscar make .......

I guess the MK2 followed in the footsteps of the MK1 and the MK3 was an attempt at using a good brand name in the MR2 in a different market.

In terms of looks mate, have you seen the latest bodykit conversions for them - admittedly they are something like £15k but hey with a V6 or maybe a turbo in the back might make for some car...

Lp_super_warrent_4e86230ac9e83.jpg

You know that Ekona and I both have Mk3's and use them as track cars, right? Can someone tell me what Im missing as here seems to be something wrong with them? :lol:

You're both terrible drivers with minimal exposure to decent cars, you should feel ashamed of yourselves. If we weren't on the internet I would spit on your shoes.

Dowcra- as mentioned I can't deny the mk3's capability. It does what it's designed to do, very well

But it could do it a million times better, have much more power, and it would still look girly

Looks are highest on my priority list of any car. Whether it's a family wagon or a work horse- it has to look good before I'm interested

The mk1 looked good. The mk2 looked good. The mk3......didn't

Col- that car is a porsche badge away from being a carrera gt wannabe :lol:

• Like 1

not yours personally but i fricking hate these cars lol. owned 2. one the big ends went, 2nd one didnt like me and tried to bury me 6ft under haha.

Says the guy with the dodgy clutch and smoking 350z ;):lol:

My clutch is fine lol.. just car is a bit smokey :p
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started getting things sorted on the car. First thing was the smokey interior

Bought the car from a dealership close to a farm. It was stinking that day. Not just snelly, but where the smell was sticking in your throat. So when u sat inside the car it felt like it smelled of roses compared to outside lol. Didn't take long on the journey home before the smoky smell hit me

Gave the plastics a clean with some wipes. The grime was never ending

AF656D47-6480-48F5-8CCD-86249596B49D.jpg

Left it a week or so, little improvement. So thought if give the seats a clean. Hoovered them then used upholstery shampoo. After that I used hot soapy water and a towel to give them a good scrub

This is what came out each seat

2FB75164-7E7E-41A0-85CB-C0EAAD48790F.jpg

That was last weekend. Took it for a soon today it's much better but needs a pro clean I think

Anyone had an interior steam clean?

Bloody hell, thats a bit nasty mate! Reminds me of that Top Gear challenge where they tested the interior and found traces of faeces, spewtum and sperm in the cars :lol:

I wonder if it would be better to buy an upgraded interior than a full clean?