LED Strips

Ponsonby

Hi All,

My son wants some RGB LED strips for his bedroom.

Has anyone bought any recently that they can recommend?

They seem quite expensive from the likes of Maplin but am a little concerned about some of those offered very cheaply on Amazon and Ebay.

A 5M strip is around £10 from Amazon /Ebay but around £40 to £50 from Maplin etc.

Thanks,

P

ive bought 2 10 metre rolls recently from ebay for my garage and they are fine from the way ive used them so far, they run off a leisure battery so not sure if running off house electrics may fry them??

Maplin is unbelievable with there pricing when I looked

these douchebag's have some interesting points

Edited by jumping350

I got some warm white LED strips for under unit lighting in the kitchen, which were about £12 for a 5m strip and another tenner for the 12v transformer. Self adhesive and cuttable to whatever length you want. Fitted in 5 minutes and do the job well. From LE lighting. I'm pretty sure they did coloured strips and even multi-switchable colours with an additional remote control switch and unit too ... At further expense, naturally.

I've had multiple remote controlled multicoloured sets from eBay. I have had them installed in my AV racking/shelves coming on for 2 years now and they are on every day. I have had no issues with them.

I have installed another set about 6 months ago outside underneath my decking surrounding my pond. They have been on a lot less time maybe 20 hours total so far but seem to have coped with the winter months Ok.