Audi TT mk1 quattro sport.

Zeezeebaba

I've been offered a run out model Mk1 TT quattro sport with reasonable mileage on a 55 plate. Now I've always been a fan of the original TT design but never bought one as I felt the driving experience was under par. I've always had a second car tucked away in the garage until recently selling my FRP and was just wondering what everyone's opinions are on these as appreciating future assets?

It's nicely appointed and won't be a replacement for my Z just an investment.

It's a nice blue one with black roof and bucket seats all in good order. Some of my more knowledgeable VAG mates say it's a good investment as they sold in limited numbers (800 in UK I think). Opinions welcome :)

TTQS is a lovely car, was after one for a while but we're just out of my price range at the time. TT's will definitely be a future classic as they are already an iconic design. The QS will likely be the sought after ones as they are rarer than the standard car.

TTQS is a lovely car, was after one for a while but we're just out of my price range at the time. TT's will definitely be a future classic as they are already an iconic design. The QS will likely be the sought after ones as they are rarer than the standard car.

Ha ha shows what I know !!

The only thing I do know is when I test drove one a few years ago I didn't like it !!

Edited by Bodyboarder81

You'll need to hold onto it for a long time before that appreciates to any great level. I'm talking 20+ years here, minimum.

It would need to be immaculate and with very low mileage too, along with a complete & perfect FASH. Tbh unless you're getting it for a song I wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

That's what I thought. That was the plan with my mint FRP but my patience ran out.

I think I might get it and make a profit on it after using it as a winter hack this year. I'm getting it for a song due to a bereavement and the owners family wanting it gone. It's on 55k miles with a full service history. I could make a grand profit on it. The last VAG car I acquired was a mint lupo gti 6 speed with leather part exed by the previous owner when he bought my FRP. He was 1500 short and offered it to me in part ex. I made 1500 profit on that little beauty selling it for 3000.

I'm a bit of a wheeler dealer anyway :)

They want 4.5k for the TT and having looked at current values I'm going to take a punt on it.

Ha ha shows what I know !!

The only thing I do know is when I test drove one a few years ago I didn't like it !!

Well I'm no classic car expert... As Dan says, we're not talking 5 years here like some cars, maybe 20 years, but that's a long time to keep a TT in good condition and I don't think it's that special that I'd be arsed.

If you want to drive it then sure, buy it and enjoy, and then sell it for whatever you can when you're done. Don't expect miracles upon resale and you won't be disappointed.

Only takes one muppet to bin it into you and your profit has gone...

If you think you can get a profit go for it. Interests rates are so awful at the moment, pretty much anything bears saving cash.

Unless you have an off set mortgage ;)

Not when the mortgage is at 2.99%, pretty much paid off, and with less than 10 years left on the term :)

I looked into paying the mortgage off as a lump sum after I sold the BMW, but actually with the low interest rates and my plan to waste about £50K on a car in 2 years time, it makes more sense to keep the mortagage going, and than if I need to, in 2 years I'll have the option to 're-mortagage' at a stupidlly cheap rate, and than pay if all off again pretty sharpish, whilst still having access to equality that's not locked up.

Looked at 'stock/shares' funds. Many people reporting 8-10% returns in the last few years with a mixed portfolio, and I know on the whole, the FTSE 100 has gone up decade on decade....But I'm just a wuss, and don't have enough balls to lock a large sum up in a 5 year investment fund :surrender:

Edited by gangzoom

• 2 weeks later...

If you think you can get a profit go for it. Interests rates are so awful at the moment, pretty much anything bears saving cash.

Unless you have an off set mortgage ;)

Not when the mortgage is at 2.99%, pretty much paid off, and with less than 10 years left on the term :)

I looked into paying the mortgage off as a lump sum after I sold the BMW, but actually with the low interest rates and my plan to waste about £50K on a car in 2 years time, it makes more sense to keep the mortagage going, and than if I need to, in 2 years I'll have the option to 're-mortagage' at a stupidlly cheap rate, and than pay if all off again pretty sharpish, whilst still having access to equality that's not locked up.

Looked at 'stock/shares' funds. Many people reporting 8-10% returns in the last few years with a mixed portfolio, and I know on the whole, the FTSE 100 has gone up decade on decade....But I'm just a wuss, and don't have enough balls to lock a large sum up in a 5 year investment fund :surrender:

For me anyway the offset works great ... 90k mortgage over 90k savings = no interest mortgage :)

Yes I could probably be better off doing something with my savings , but at the moment I can get away with only having to work 2 days a week , which gives me more time with my loved ones :)

Anyway , did you get the tt in the end?

Edited by Bodyboarder81