Do you find yourself doing this?

Adrian@TORQEN

Okay, so I'm going to pass comment before watching the video, but... Utter bobbins.

I love having the TV on to fall asleep to, very relaxing plus I get the clock on the TV as I wake up with the BBC news on. Helps wake me up as well as send me to sleep. Nothing worse than trying to get to sleep in a completely dark and silent room.

Completely disagree, it's not about falling asleep it's about the quality and how you feel during the day afterwards.

But what it's blatantly obvious, we're all different and there's no harm whatsoever in trying different ways out over several days/weeks to see how you feel (not just a one off).

er, am I the only one who finds TV so entertaining :doh: it makes me fall asleep better than anything else :surrender::lol:

Staring at screens right before sleep turns out to be a lot worse than previously thought. Dr. Dan Siegel, clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, lays out all of the negative effects bedtime screen viewing can have on the brain and body.

But in your case Adrian I would have thought it would be very positive for you watching all those £££££££££'s dropping in. :teeth:

Or is it the thought of the increasing number of options you can add to the GTR order that is keeping you awake? :p

Yeah best to have an orange light source (can use candles) when winding down for an hour or so, and for the room to be pitch black - so no LED's creating pockets of illumination, and lastly silicone ear plugs are pretty good too.

:thumbs:

More like burn the bedroom down and not here The missus screeming

• Like 1

Okay, so I'm going to pass comment before watching the video, but... Utter bobbins.

I love having the TV on to fall asleep to, very relaxing plus I get the clock on the TV as I wake up with the BBC news on. Helps wake me up as well as send me to sleep. Nothing worse than trying to get to sleep in a completely dark and silent room.

Total opposite to you Dan, ...the room has to be pitch black & quiet for me to fall soundly to sleep.

I have only ever fallen asleep once with the TV on (which was many moons ago) and on that one occasion I was pi**ed & slightly stoned too. :surrender::blush::lol:

Try sleeping 120 yards away from a steeple bell that chimes every half hour and on the hour with a ring for every hour.

Bet the scientist can't fix that!!

There was a clock tower about 1/4 mile from my house when I was growing up , I found the chimes very peaceful and missed them for years after I moved away .

Even now 25 years later I often hear them when I'm half asleep

Try living near the Zed Shed - hammering and banging until all hours - it's a bloody disgrace!!!!

or so my neighbors keep saying - can't say I've really noticed it to be honest - seems quite quiet when I go to bed :shrug:

• Like 1

Try living near the Zed Shed - hammering and banging until all hours - it's a bloody disgrace!!!!

or so my neighbors keep saying - can't say I've really noticed it to be honest - seems quite quiet when I go to bed :shrug:

:lol:

These "photons" he's on about (clearly a made up thing) it's a bloody good job they only come out of screens and regular light isn't made up of them, otherwise we'd be being bombarded by them all day every day.

When I were a lad there were no photons, we lived in a puddle under a cow @*!# in the middle of the M1. And we were lucky.

• Like 3

These "photons" he's on about (clearly a made up thing) it's a bloody good job they only come out of screens and regular light isn't made up of them, otherwise we'd be being bombarded by them all day every day.

When I were a lad there were no photons, we lived in a puddle under a cow @*!# in the middle of the M1. And we were lucky.

You were lucky - we didn't have the puddle or the cover of any cow s^%*, Our dad would beat us to sleep with a stick. ....................................

• Like 1