Yahoo got a Wii

rmmackfc

Got a Wii for the missus tonight for her Christmas :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

These are a nightmare to get incase you don't know. I had one on back order with HMV, but no guarantees as to when/if i'd get it. There is a new shopping centre opened on South Side of Glasgow, and I was in this evening getting her birthday, and I thought for a laugh I'll try Argos. So I type in the number expecting the usual "Sod off" and it says 75 in stock :headhurt: I thought I must have typed the wrong number so I retyped it and it now says 73 :scare: ..... anyway everyone was buying them and they reckon they would all go within the hour :scare::scare::scare:

Birthday and Christmas bought all in half an hour :lol:

Hehe

I did the same for my missus birthday.

She never played videogames, never touched my xbox or xbox360. Now she's got a Wii...

And she actually finished a game on it (Rayman raving rabbids), its just crazy, she's more excited about playing games on that console than I would ever have imagined :wacko:

Prepare for the world to turn upside down. You will be the one saying "don't you think you have played enough videogames today?" :lol::lol:

I got one of these a little while back, they are great fun. If you don't mind mates smashing your place up playing unnecessary over head smashing while playing tennis! :lol::blush:

Get her Wii Play too - extra controller and a load of 'mini games' for about £35. :thumbs:

And don't be tempted to get a handset charger, they break the controllers...... ;)

Get her Wii Play too - extra controller and a load of 'mini games' for about £35. :thumbs:

And don't be tempted to get a handset charger, they break the controllers...... ;)

Got Wii Play for £25 after they gave me the £10 voucher as I'd spent over £100 on the Wii :thumbs:

I didn't realise that about the charger, so do you jsut use normal rechargable batteries then.... I've yet to open the box and have a nosy

Got Wii Play for £25 after they gave me the £10 voucher as I'd spent over £100 on the Wii :thumbs:

I didn't realise that about the charger, so do you jsut use normal rechargable batteries then.... I've yet to open the box and have a nosy

You can just use normal batteries or rechargeables, yep. There are a couple of unofficial chargers that look pretty and like they are good quality. Fact is most people that use them end up throwing their controllers away as it screws something in them. The batteries last pretty well. It is frustrating when they start dying though.....

yeah playing with ya wii is great fun :blush:

playground joke over :teeth:

seriously tho, me bro's got a wii and while the gfx aren't that great (think game cube)but the playability is there by the bucket load :yahoo:

Okay am I right in thinking the following:

Wii: not great visual quality but best gameplay out the 3

Xbox: Best for playing others around the world

Ps3: best visual and got blue ray

Is that the edge each have? As bought a ps3 and gave to my dad but want to get one for myself but cant decide on the three :surrender:

seriously tho, me bro's got a wii and while the gfx aren't that great (think game cube)but the playability is there by the bucket load :yahoo:

I wanna a Wii :bounce:

:lol:

no really i do, looks like fun - get me jumpin round the lounge

dont jump around the lounge if you want a wii..............

:nono:

go to the toilet........... :teeth:

That's how my house started getting trashed in the immediate area of the Wii!! :lol: They are good fun. Graphics don't matter IMO, you get so involved with the game you don't notice!

Zedrush, that's pretty much it. Wii is almost a social games machine.

I bought a Wii and it's awesome. Great fun. I have an Xbox 360 too for 'better' games. The wii is just a laugh.

My Dad won a wii in a golf competition in September, never heard of it before. My neice was all excited so he kept it. Now he plays the golf all the time!

Okay am I right in thinking the following:

Wii: not great visual quality but best gameplay out the 3

Xbox: Best for playing others around the world

Ps3: best visual and got blue ray

Is that the edge each have? As bought a ps3 and gave to my dad but want to get one for myself but cant decide on the three :surrender:

Dont think PS3 has the edge over XB360 at the momement in terms of GFX. I think the 360 has it for now as its better known by developers, and the PS3 still has a lot to give, but developers need to learn to get at it yet. The PS3 will be better, but the harder to learn architecture is making it difficult to get the best of it atm.

think your spot on chris :)

But by the time that coders have fully got their heads round the PS3 the next gen xbox might be out :)

zedrush, the wii games are fun to play but mainly very simple games such as bowling or tennis if you want in depth games pick a xbox 360, PS3 and/or a pretty decent spec PC :)