PS3 GT5 prologue

sinbad

No your right Dan, the handling did go abit potty. GT5 is much better and its easier to get the tail out but i'm finding it hard to drift. The lighter cars aren't too bad but the 405bhp Lexus is a right hand full. Once the back end steps out theres pretty much no catching it. I'll be buying GT5 no matter what but i hope the handling improves abit upon releasing it. GT4 took the fun out of the cars.

• 1 month later...
Looks amazing, Still dont think its enough to warrant me buying a PS3 though

Probably not but theres some good titles out now including assisins creed, Need for speed Prostreet, and call of duty 4. Not to mention its still one of the best blu rays players on the market and has email/internet capabilities. With the recent price drop as well its not a bad piece of kit for the money...

Looks amazing, Still dont think its enough to warrant me buying a PS3 though

Not on it's own, no. But the DVD player and other capabilities (plus a mate working for Sony! :teeth: ) would. What Sound and Vision recommend it as a DVD player alone too. Only thing that could be questioned is the sound output. :)

rumours are that a 80 gig version may be launched next year (yanks have it already) not sure if it would play PS2 games tho

Apparently it is hit and miss as to whether it does. Some do, some don't. That is the limit of my technical understanding! :D

rumours are that a 80 gig version may be launched next year (yanks have it already) not sure if it would play PS2 games tho

Apparently it is hit and miss as to whether it does. Some do, some don't. That is the limit of my technical understanding! :D

teh 40gb from what i know doesnt have the ps2 playback capability, only the 60gb and 80gb do. The 40gb doesnt have the memory card readers (SD etc..) either.

If i was anyone in the market for one, id go 60gb and get an external HD if you felt the need. again im not 100% but i believe only the 40gb and 80gb will be available in the future. The 60gb will becoming extint.

true, once the 60gig stock runs out then it'll be the 40gig for while.

yes the 40gig one misses the PS2 playback, no card reader like you say and a few less usb ports, i can see many a disappointed child/parents trying to play their old PS2 games on it on christmas morning :dry:

yes, if and when it arrives as it SHOULD be able to play PS2 (if you've still got some)

you could of course try and find a 60gig version in the shops, there may still be a few left :)

I friend of mine recently started work for Sony Europe, and apprently they have a staff shop........ :teeth:

80 gig in the New Year then!! :yahoo: