securing battery

wmr1980

Hi guys

Just changed my battery (it's rather tight isn't it?!). However the new battery is smaller and so isn't that secure.

Are there any decent strapping or securing methods that you guys have used?

Had to change mine on Tuesday, it's on its third battery now as I had to change it after leaving it standing for over a month in June 2008. It's a tight fit alright and with a full size battery it's a real pain to get the rear clamp into position. In the past I've had to fit smaller batteries into vast spaces. A good example was when I replaced the original battery on my Triumph GT6 with an almost new but much smaller battery from a Triumph TR7 that came from a write off (at that time my dad had contacts). What I did was to jam the battery in with wood and put an elasticated spider grip around the battery.

Pete

• Like 1

Don't suppose you have any pics Pete?

Nope, didn't have a camera in 1977 :lol: . However, I did find a photo of a GT6 engine bay and you can see how big the battery was and how much space there was to wedge the much smaller battery in.

5530455.jpg

Pete

Oooh now that's lovely!

For the moment I've wedged some wood around the outside of the new smaller battery but I need to find some sort of strapping which may be better.

It's just such an awkward bitch of place to work on!