Valve guide seal replacement

Adz

I don't have a lift or means to get the car high enough to drop the engine.

I'm gona have to think about this again as you have opened my eyes a little wider.

Thanks for your advice Mark

Stock cat will catch and burn the oil smoke off. Decatted exhaust lets the oil smoke through and out off the tailpipes.

So technically having a decatted exhaust is better?

Yes and no.

What he is saying is that the absence of blue smoke when you have cats is due to it being burned of and does not exclude oil control ring leak where as if you have decats the oil is unburnt and obvious in your exhsust. So it's a coincidental thing and it a primary function of cats or decats.

Note if you are leaking significant oil in the exhaust there will be blue smoke irrespective of cats or not as not all the oil can or will be burnt in the short transit time.

Decats provide free flow hence more power if tuned to take advantage of this. Will also increase exhsust noise depending on design.

On the flip side it's illegal as you are not emission compliant unlike cats and that thier primary function. High flow cats are a nice compromise and gives you the best of both worlds but some can be raspy.