Strange knocking/loud rattle

DanDarkin

Hi Guys, I've had my 350 for around a year now and it's ran faultlessly until about 3 weeks ago.

It's developed a knocking/loud rattle noise. It's noticed when going over bumpy or uneven roads. At first I thought it was the arch liner coming loose and only making notice when bouncing about but after a quick look everything seemed ok. We thought it could possibly be a bush on its way out perhaps, but while trying to find the problem we noticed its making a very quite knocking/rattle when on tick over. It's not a constant noise either.

It definitely does get worse/louder when going over bumps etc but driving normally on smooth roads seems fine. The car handles and feels just like before.

Unsure what this could be? Any ideas/suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Dan

I would say you have 2 problems,

1. the knocking over bumps is mots probably the banana arms or the bushes in them do a quick search on here you will find loads of info. They are notoriously hard to find as worn even on a ramp you need to look it up in the manual and use a bar on the suspension arm to prove play is present.

2. Tick over tick - most likely a fuel damper - can be replaced easily or ignored if the car is running sweet. Put your hand lightly on the fuel rail and see if the tick is in time with the fuel pulse.

Report back with your findings :)

EDIT: - :lol: I see ATTAK Z was in first :p

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1