In my town...

Ekona

Having just moved to a new house in a new area, Jo and I decided to spend today exploring and seeing just the local amenities are like. I've only ever lived in one town for my previous 35 years on this planet, so this is new experience for me.

We discovered that our new town has:

- 10+ hairdressers

- 5 betting shops

- 2 small supermarkets

- 2 butchers (with some very tasty looking meat, really must try some)

- 2 very very very on the ball traffic wardens who don't f*ck about giving out tickets

- 4 pubs

- 1 wine bar!

It's only a small town, but pretty much every third shop is a bloody hairdressers: I've no idea how there's enough business to keep them all going! Does anyone else love anywhere that has an excessive plethora of a single type of shop?

• Like 1

Yes, Mold has a whole load of estate agents, most of them in one street. I don't know what you mean by small but Mold's population is around 10,000. It also has an Aldi, Lidl, a 24 hour Tesco, an Iceland, a large Co-op and a farmland shop. There's also a McDonalds and no less than 3 24 hour petrol stations, Buckley on the other hand just 3 miles from Mold with a population of 18,000 has naff all.

Pete

Yes, Mold has a whole load of estate agents, most of them in one street. I don't know what you mean by small but Mold's population is around 10,000. It also has an Aldi, Lidl, a 24 hour Tesco, an Iceland, a large Co-op and a farmland shop. There's also a McDonalds and no less than 3 24 hour petrol stations, Buckley on the other hand just 3 miles from Mold with a population of 18,000 has naff all.

Pete

So no point living in Buckley then :lol:

• Like 1

Population of 11,053 here apparently, according to Wiki. Mold sounds heaving in comparison.

Is this it Dan ?

Al-Nashabiyah (Arabic: النشابية‎, also spelled ''Nashabieh) is a town in southern Syria, administratively part of the Rif Dimashq Governorate, located 19 kilometers east of Damascus city. Situated in the fertile Ghouta region, nearby localities include Beit Nayim and Outaya to the west, Marj al-Sultan to the southwest, al-Bilaliyah to the southeast, al-Qasimiyah and al-Jarba to the east, al-Bihariyah to the northeast, Adra to the north and Hawsh al-Dawahira and Hawsh Nasri to the northwest. According to the Syria Central Bureau of Statistics, al-Nashabiyah had a population of 11,053 in the 2004 census. It is the administrative center of the al-Nashabiyah nahiyah ("subdistrict") which consists of 22 localities with a collective population 76,814 in 2004.[1]

Although i live in a relatively large town, it has its little suburbs so to speak, the village shops at the end of my road consisted of the usual, 4 banks, hairdresser, butchers, tea room, estate agent or two etc

It now consists of one bank, 4 hairdressers, 2 beauty saloons, numerous charity shops, 5 estate agents, 3 bakers etc but more alarmingly, what was 6 pubs in a quarter of a square mile radius is now, 16 pubs and wine bars all open till 2am!!!

Party round yours then! :D

It is the place to be, "apparently" :) If your 18 and like vomiting and fighting and everything else that goes with it :)

Not really right in a residential area if you ask me, glad to have moved a bit down the road, Friday/Saturday nights were interesting with the windows open in the summer at kick out time.

Pete

So no point living in Buckley then :lol:

Free parking in Buckley though :lol: . Anyway, I almost forgot, Mold has a whole host of charity shops, an Argos, A B&M , Boots, WH Smith, a couple of chippies, a Subway etc. It's a market town too, they close off the high street every Wednesday and Saturday and still have half day closing every Thursday!!

Pete

• Like 1

We have a disproportionate number of restaurants and pubs, presumably due to that game in which oversized public school chaps chase a peanut shaped ball around a muddy field. :)

I used to live in St Margarets, so I know exactly what you're talking about. :drunk::lol:

• Like 1

I'm actually rather proud of him for knowing B)

It's a tiny wee town up in the NE of Scotland. It takes 10 minutes to walk around the entire town centre so it's quite memorable when you notice there are a large number of frilly knicker shops.

• Like 1