Motorway service prices far to high

Joeycuz

Just a quick rant regarding motorway service stations and at how ridiculous their prices are.

I use them most weeknights as im a HGV driver and I'm paying near on £25 a time for secure parking. I say secure but it's hit or miss if you have your curtains cut to see what goodies you have in the back!

Anyway, as most of you may use them to just grab a coffee or a bite to eat, Fuel? so what do you make of their prices?

Im currently in the process of getting in the fire service so hopfully no more cold lonely nights parked up next to some Eastern Europeans cooking their roadkill next to me on their gas stove!

Captive audience - hate the places but will use them if I'm on a road trip - what else you gonna do.

In fact the last one I went in there was a party at the food bar - I think one of the sandwiches was celebrating it's 14th birthday :scare:

Always a rip off and always will be unfortunately. :thumbdown:

Feel for you as a HGV driver.

Used to work for "Big Wheels Services Ltd" some years ago supplying truck parts to you drivers & the haulage firms. Heard lot's of horror stories but what I noticed more & more when I was working there was the amount of diesel theft's going on.

I've been doing it nearly five years now and I've had enough. Only started doing it for weekend work for my dads company but after getting my own house etc I needed the money so went full time with another company. Hopfully Il make it into the fire service and do what I wanted todo when I finished college :)

• Like 1

As for the diesel ive noticed it seems to happen more on the foreign trucks.. Maybe their near on 1000 litre tanks look like giant gold bars to the thieves.

Probably true unfortunately.

Round here it was mainly gypsies doing it (seen them doing it on occasion), ...the lucky ones just had their fuel caps busted off but a few unlucky driver/owners had to replace their 400 Ltr tanks after chisels where punched through the bottoms in order to get at the diesel. :rant:

Scum bags imo and rarely seemed to get caught or ever charged for doing it. Even despite some being caught on camera in the act. :surrender::dry:

• Like 1