Wanted 255/50/18 tyres

MrBlack

presuming you've got the specs of the wheels you're planning to fit front and rear, have a play around on willtheyfit.com to make sure you buy the right size tyres - the rears need to be around 2.5-3% larger diameter than the fronts otherwise the TCS will not be happy, and both front and rear diameters need to be as close as possible to the original sizes otherwise the speedo will be wrong.

had a guy very recently fitting 12" rears who hadn't really done the research, and will likely have to buy a new set of front tyres to correct an error in sizing.

with a 9.5" front an 11" rear i'd go for 245/40/18 fronts, and 275/40/18 rears - that would give you the right sizes to keep the speedo in check, and a correct difference between fronts and rears to keep tcs happy.

other consideration is, how far will the car be lowered? i'm no expert on 'stance' but if you're going really low you might need more stretch, or arch work - but i'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along to advise.

with a 9.5" front an 11" rear i'd go for 245/40/18 fronts, and 275/40/18 rears - that would give you the right sizes to keep the speedo in check, and a correct difference between fronts and rears to keep tcs happy.

other consideration is, how far will the car be lowered? i'm no expert on 'stance' but if you're going really low you might need more stretch, or arch work - but i'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along to advise.

i would run

255/40/18

275/40/18

myself as they match the OEM sizes bang on

• Like 1