Remote keyless system

Z370Z

@*!# man. That's not good.

I've always wondered if you can dive away without the key. I mean I can start the car then walk inside and very far away and the car stays running. What's to stop it being driven away? Does it not move perhaps? Might need to do a test and see

I start mine then de ice it then go back in the house with the key in my pocket no issues.

haven't tried leaving the key then driving away but dont see why not as its started and is running.

ill give it a go the weekend with the missus following in case it stops.

Thats disappointing I was hoping a clutch or brake input would stop it.

I bought the other half a DIG S micra for xmas and that has much better integrated inputs than the 370.

It even wished us happy new year.

The stop start wont start if the seatbelt is taken off ETC......ETC..

The supercharger also wines up like a grown up one when giving it some beans. :lol:

Don't these keys act as an immobiliser type thing. I.e if your vehicle is 50meters from the key it just cuts out... Pretty sure you can't just turn the car on, leave the key at home and drive where ever you want.

#teamtarmac

It'll keep going until it's switched off, then it'll not start, by that time it might be in a container bound for Romania or similar.

Surely Moderators should be above lazy racist stereotyping?

I've reported the comment, it's not the first time...

Not right from a member, but from a Moderator :shrug:

When did the forum become Daily Mail / UKIP sponsored?

Compare that to the number of cars stolen by thieves getting hold of car keys by house break-ins, pocket picking, in pubs etc.

From that BBC story 370's are not mentioned and can't say I recall one being stolen without the key..... unless someone knows better?

But yes if one were stolen without the key and driven to some hideaway for dismantling, then that would be sad, but the fact the owner still has the key(s) should not mean an issue in the the insurance being paid out. A reminder not to leave the keys loose in the car while you pop indoors for the car to warm up!

Not sure why you felt the need to quote Romania G Man, cars are geting stolen to order for all over the world :dry:

Compare that to the number of cars stolen by thieves getting hold of car keys by house break-ins, pocket picking, in pubs etc.

From that BBC story 370's are not mentioned and can't say I recall one being stolen without the key..... unless someone knows better?

But yes if one were stolen without the key and driven to some hideaway for dismantling, then that would be sad, but the fact the owner still has the key(s) should not mean an issue in the the insurance being paid out. A reminder not to leave the keys loose in the car while you pop indoors for the car to warm up!

Not sure why you felt the need to quote Romania G Man, cars are geting stolen to order for all over the world :dry:

never seen 370's mentioned, the programme I saw was about Bmw, Volvo and Range rover but I'm sure anything is possible

As I said Colin, lazy Daily Mail/UKip stereotyping which to be honest needs sorting out before it gets out of control

It'll keep going until it's switched off, then it'll not start, by that time it might be in a container bound for Romania or similar.

Surely Moderators should be above lazy racist stereotyping?

I've reported the comment, it's not the first time...

Not right from a member, but from a Moderator :shrug:

When did the forum become Daily Mail / UKIP sponsored?

This is fine but I'd suggest there is a need for some consistency. I'm not gay for example but I personally think that use of the word to describe something negatively is offensive and inappropriate, yet it seems quite common on this forum. Perhaps I should have challenged that before now. I'm not defending any potentially offensive behaviour but we should be consistent.

And apologies for going off topic. My last word on the matter :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1