Brembo v Focus brakes

martinmac

So I have been playing with flat pack furniture all day and needed a break. Jumped into the car for a quick spin and soon :D

Coming off a dual carriageway onto a single lane so easing from 70 to 60. In front of me is a yellow delivery wagon doing about 60. He drifted over to the wrong side of the road, over corrected and slammed the van into a sandstone wall ripping out the side of the van. This stopped the van quite effectively.

Fortunately I was watching and slammed on the brakes. The Brembos did their bit and worked well. :thumbs:

I then thought " good job there is nothng behind me" when a focus came charging round the bend behind me and locked up :scare::surrender:

He stopped inches from the back of the Zed. Then had a horrible few second while we waited for a few other cars to test their brakes. Very very lucky not to get what is known in motoring circles round here as a Chesterfield.

Back to the DIY

Scary. The focus brakes are actually excellent. My GF drives one and they are quite impressive.

Glad you and the Zed came out unscathed. The truck however seems to be a different matter, as with the wall probably!