Polishing help

JoKeR

So I just bought a Dremel its a Ryobi one if that makes any difference.

Has anyone had any experience with polishing up their cam covers using a Dremel?

I'm not removing anything just doing it in situ as and when I get some time.

I need an idiots guide please, how to do it, accessories to use ect.

Anyone please! Lol

This is the before pic

6097677b149c5f80d15a67fa55ca2b83.jpg

Thanks

That's what she 'Zed' :-/

You could always buy some pre-polished from me.

Although they're only half done at the mo.

Example:

null_zps832e0538.jpg

2D1A646D-7942-4228-B6E1-B0DC05EECD70-594-0000003E7DD87124.jpg

Whilst they're fitted to the car you won't get the best finish. They really do need to be removed to get a good clean finish.

Haha was not expecting a reply this fast! Cheers guys. Don't mean to offend you mate but I would rather not pay the £ to have some one do work I think I might be able to do lol. I like the satisfaction of seeing a finished product knowing I done it if that makes sense.

Are they easy to remove? Do I need to do anything else to remove or is it just a few bolts to remove (nothing fancy to put back on?)?

That's is if your still willing to help after I politely declined your first offer to help lol

• Like 1

No offence taken at all.

Easy as un bolting, but not sure if you need any sealant for them. Mainly as I've never had to fit any.

Polishing depends on the finish you want.

The long way:

A multitude of wet and dry from 180-2000 and some serious time. Whilst they're small they are awkward where the arm protrudes.

The quick way:

Wet and dry from 180-600, a drill with small bobbin mops, cut, cut/finish and finish. Then finish with a bench polisher and Vienna lime to clean.

Too much competition haha I want to try do the whole lot lol over time of course!

I'll give them a go I just need to buy more accessories to rub down. If I don't get on well with them I will see if ur offers are still on the table if I haven't f**ked mine up lol