Seventy. Five. Inches.

Ekona

No such thing as too big! :)

Nice! Are you leaving us in suspense or are you going to give us some more details about it?

Are you compensating for where other "things" are inadequate Dan? :teeth::lol:

Says the man with 2 more cylinders! :lol:

Edited by Paddy78
  • Like 2

Nice! Are you leaving us in suspense or are you going to give us some more details about it?

Are you compensating for where other "things" are inadequate Dan? :teeth::lol:

Says the man with 2 more cylinders! :lol:

:lol:

It's a Samsung 6400, to replace my old 55" 7 series. Technically a step down, but I figure that tech has come on a long way in that time so should be the equivalent. Standard HD as I don't believe that 4K will be worth it in the next five years, plus have you seen the cost of 75" 4K TVs?! :lol:

Hopefully I'll get it up on the wall sometime this weekend.

More than I'm prepared to admit on a public forum the missus can read ;)

It was £2500, give or take a bit for delivery then cash back on the card. 4k looks ace, but the interweb infrastructure doesn't exist enough to support it, plus I'm not buying another AVR and another BD player and then another set of 4K BDs either. Plus, the Japs are going straight for 8K, and it's not like HD is even the definitive content everywhere yet.

• Like 1

I was thinking it must have been about that. Really is good value considering what 2500 would buy you even 5 years ago.

Totally agree about 4K. No point getting a TV until some actual mainstream content is available... I.E. Sky Sports!

• Like 1

The 65" Panasonic I bought 2 years ago was about 2k so a 75" for 2.5k is great value . It's been one of the best purchases I've made .... I converted my upstairs into a cinema room with Dali surround sound and can honestly say we as a family have enjoyed every moment of it ..... How to train your dragon in 3d .... My boy loves it but sh1ts himself at the same time !! Happy days , enjoy :)

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing your opinion on it. I have a 55" in our lounge and I'd be hard pushed to go bigger in the room we have.

No p0rn displayed on it but I'm still trying to forget walking in while the Mrs was watching "one born every minute" :lol:

• Like 1