House selling thread :)

steve916

Hi guys,

Just wanted to express my excitement. We put our house on the market last Saturday, and today we've had it confirmed that an offer was made yesterday :)

We still have 4 more viewings booked in for this coming weekend, so it will be good to see if anybody betters the offer.

But, at least it means our plans to purchase a new build can still go ahead. We have reserved one c/w garage, which im over the moon about, and they have given us 4 weeks to sell ours. If we don't sell within 4 weeks, then we lose our reservation.

Looking like a mid March move date, but really looking forward to it :)

• Like 4

congratulations Steve ... looks like the market is moving again down your way

Thanks mate. Yes, when the estate agent came to value the house, he was extremely keen to take it on. Basically, this is our first house purchase, so therefore it's still classed as the first rung of the ladder type house. It has plenty of schools within walking distance, a shop 300yds down the road, and town is 20 minutes walk away, so ideal for first time buyers or investment, as they rent out successfully around here.

Congrats mate! Buying and selling a house is one of the most exciting experiences you'll have in life financially but also the most stressful! Make sure the agent you're selling through fully qualifies the successful buyer financially. And always keep viewings going until a survey is booked.

Working as an estate agent we see a lot of people making offers and vendors agreeing them but when it comes to the financial checks some don't stack up. Hope you don't have to deal with this though! Glad to hear you got an offer already man, but just keep your options open too :thumbs:

Congrats mate! Buying and selling a house is one of the most exciting experiences you'll have in life financially but also the most stressful! Make sure the agent you're selling through fully qualifies the successful buyer financially. And always keep viewings going until a survey is booked.

Working as an estate agent we see a lot of people making offers and vendors agreeing them but when it comes to the financial checks some don't stack up. Hope you don't have to deal with this though! Glad to hear you got an offer already man, but just keep your options open too :thumbs:

Thanks mate. That's exactly what's happening at the moment. The buyers financial status is being checked and we still have viewings taking place throughout the weekend.

So you've not accepted the offer then?

It's been unofficially made to us from the 3rd party estate agent company that our new home developers are using. It will be for us to accept or decline once the buyers financial situation has been approved good to go.

Gotcha. Good luck with it all!

We move on Friday. I've spent all evening bubble wrapping speakers and guitars. Yay, what fun!

Never moving again. Ever.

Cheers Dan. Good luck with your move too.

I'm not looking forward to all the packing/ unpacking either. Need to organise a skip soon, and have a good clear out.

We move on Friday. I've spent all evening bubble wrapping speakers and guitars. Yay, what fun!

Good luck with your move dude!

I must admit I've been looking in our area and the market is starting to shift quite quickly. Makes me wonder if I should be looking at the next step, I'm a few away from my last move mind.

OP Exciting times, good luck. Not sure if I'd go new build unless I had managed it though.... I'm a fussy buggar and its my dream though :)

Thanks. I wasn't 100% for a new build to start with, but the layout is good and the room sizes will help with 3 growing kids. I think there will be 1 more move in the future though, which will hopefully tick all the boxes.

The downside to new builds is the postage stamp sized garden, but hey ho, can't win 'em all. I've got a garage :)

Well if everything goes through, I have.

• Like 1

Thanks. I wasn't 100% for a new build to start with, but the layout is good and the room sizes will help with 3 growing kids. I think there will be 1 more move in the future though, which will hopefully tick all the boxes.

The downside to new builds is the postage stamp sized garden, but hey ho, can't win 'em all. I've got a garage :)

i totally see the benefits of a new build but I'd love to have something that ticks all the boxes. It's a pipe dream and I'd be over the moon regardless if it ticked most like yours seems to have :thumbs:

When we moved to Paris for a few years it was all sponsored by work, so they paid a company to come over and move everything for us. They packed our entire house, from how it stood, into a truck and disappeared off in about 4 hours flat, never seen anything like it. Everything bubble wrapped, boxed, labelled, placed in order in the back of the truck and so on. Impressive stuff!

• Like 1

i totally see the benefits of a new build but I'd love to have something that ticks all the boxes. It's a pipe dream and I'd be over the moon regardless if it ticked most like yours seems to have :thumbs:

Apart from the garage and being in a nicer area, we have taken advantage of the developers assisted move scheme. Basically they get our house valued, and then they market it for us, covering all the costs. It helps because the whole process is then under one roof, so each department should always know at what stage another department are at.

I was a bit dubious at first, as I thought they might under value our house, for a quick sale, so we could get into their house in less time.

I have found them to be totally transparent, and they have actually marketed our house for more than we were expecting.

All the best Steve for the house selling and move. :thumbs:

I'm at the other end of the scale.....moved many times...built my own place 2 years ago which was a nightmare, but in an idyllic place so here to stay 'till the end of days.

• Like 1

I'm at the other end of the scale.....moved many times...built my own place 2 years ago which was a nightmare, but in an idyllic place so here to stay 'till the end of days.

Cheers Steve :)

We'll be half an hour closer to Wales too, which isn't a bad thing.

Btw we're planning on a return visit to Brechfa later this year :)

Edited by steve916

Let me know when you're over this way and we'll meet in the Forest Arms for a pint .....with the twins parked outside!! :lol:

Let me know when you're over this way and we'll meet in the Forest Arms for a pint .....with the twins parked outside!! :lol:

Will definitely meet you for a pint mate. Unfortunately the twins won't get to meet each other, as I'll be in the family car.

Congrats and good luck :clap::thumbs:

Recently had a complete pack and move for a 5 bed house 200 miles and unload into a storage lockup £2,500 - lot of built in furniture and the beds were left behind, still a lot of boxes :lol:

Our move cost £1,500 4 bed house plus garage and shed but that was nearly 7 years ago :scare:

EDIT: It really does depend how much stuff you have - they come round and do estimates free though :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Revised offer accepted today, so I guess we have officially sold within 4 days :)

Any of you guys know a rough estimate on removal company costs?

Contents of a 3 bed house, 40 min drive to new house.

Used these guys to get from surrey to cornwall http://www.trekremovals.com/ and they did a great job at a great price. £1680 for a two day move of 225 miles

• Like 1

I was sort of guessing around £1000- £1200 so not a million miles off then.

Got Pickfords coming to quote next week.

Just looked at a couple of online quotes with local companies too. £500- £600.

Now, I know you get what you pay for, but how different could they be to the big boys?

They are fully insured etc etc.