Hmmm I think theres a bit missing ......

Mudman

Was thinking its time to clean the pop charger so was having a trawl for cleaner and gauze oil when I noticed a guide on fitting a JWT charger which I have. Only problem and this may explain why mine is a bit quiet is the the guide mentions fitting the side of the heat plate onto the air rubber air duct. Not a external snorkel but just a bit of rubber that sort of plugs the hole. Erk! Says I I don't seem to have one of these which may explain the lack of sound. Looking at the JWT kit this bit is not part of it so a presuming its an OEM part of the panel filter. Before anyone asks yes it was like this when I bought the car and it's also been through Abbey for Uprev so presumed all was well

So question is

Is the duct crucial to the pop charger efficient as I reckon it is as the air is not channeled

2. can I get a spare ?

3. has anyone got one for a DE kicking around. ?

Thanks

I think I know what you mean as I screwed mine into the little plastic snorkel, which was a complete bitch to do. Had no fingers left afterwards lol So your heat shield has been sort of loose then? Think it does channel the air a little bit, but don't see why it would make it louder....unless I have got the wrong end of the stick?

Yep that's the bit

I have the economy version !

Thats the bonnet brace BTW looks like there's something going through the hole !

20C7E9E4-A515-4244-98E0-CD81BC08F8E6_zpshzltddin.jpg

A0D5127B-A93D-4651-9385-0756C17A87F9_zpsyprowrqa.jpg

Best give Clarke Motorsport a PM !

Edited by Mudman