Advice - family illness

marzman

Im glad you are going. I lost my dad on the 30th december just past. heart attack out of the blue with no chance of being checked over or running tests. U wont regret going over. I wish i was there for my dad but i didnt know untill it was too late. Keep us posted on how he is

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your father.

I'm glad to hear you're able to go see him even though it's only for a few weeks.

6 years ago I got a call saying my dad had bowel cancer which had spread from his bowels into the surrounding lymph nodes.

He was living in Malaysia at the time.

I booked the flight ASAP.

The week waiting for my flight I was an emotional wreck.

Tried staying strong when on the phone to dad and family but got so upset one night I rang the Macmillan cancer support group just to talk.

Only lasted 10 seconds on the phone before I broke down in tears balling like a kid.

Thankfully dad recovered.

Don't forget to take care of YOURSELF TOO Chris.

Don't try and carry the weight of the world on your shoulders yourself and talk to your friends and family when you need to.

Wishing you all the best.

Andy

Cheers Andy mate, thanks for your support.

Im glad you are going. I lost my dad on the 30th december just past. heart attack out of the blue with no chance of being checked over or running tests. U wont regret going over. I wish i was there for my dad but i didnt know untill it was too late. Keep us posted on how he is

Really sorry to hear that mate. Thanks for posting. I do feel very lucky that he's alive right now.

I've managed to speak to him every day via facetime in the hospital. He was quite emotional at first but he's more upbeat now. I've booked my flights and im going over early next week for 12 days, to be there for his recovery at home rather than whilst he's in hospital. I'm going to be working remotely from his apartment, doing UK hours (4am - 12.30pm USA time) which will be fun!

Sorry to hear about your father.

I'm glad to hear you're able to go see him even though it's only for a few weeks.

6 years ago I got a call saying my dad had bowel cancer which had spread from his bowels into the surrounding lymph nodes.

He was living in Malaysia at the time.

I booked the flight ASAP.

The week waiting for my flight I was an emotional wreck.

Tried staying strong when on the phone to dad and family but got so upset one night I rang the Macmillan cancer support group just to talk.

Only lasted 10 seconds on the phone before I broke down in tears balling like a kid.

Thankfully dad recovered.

Don't forget to take care of YOURSELF TOO Chris.

Don't try and carry the weight of the world on your shoulders yourself and talk to your friends and family when you need to.

Wishing you all the best.

Andy

Cheers Andy mate, thanks for your support.

Really sorry to hear that mate. Thanks for posting. I do feel very lucky that he's alive right now.

I've managed to speak to him every day via facetime in the hospital. He was quite emotional at first but he's more upbeat now. I've booked my flights and im going over early next week for 12 days, to be there for his recovery at home rather than whilst he's in hospital. I'm going to be working remotely from his apartment, doing UK hours (4am - 12.30pm USA time) which will be fun!

Glad hes on the mend buddy and the fact you will be over beside him to help him recover is awesome

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this mate, Been through the same situation with my dad although he's aorta split from top to bottom (he had to have it replaced, as far as i am aware he's one of a very few to survive the whole situation). i also know of 3 people who have had a triple bypass, one of them 70+ yrs old, came out ok, was back his usual self not long after!

• Like 1