Request for help (Revup zeds only apply)

Wasso

The company who will undertake the custom elements of my LS swap were hoping to "sniff" my electronics/ECU this weekend. The guy who's going to do the task works in F1 and will take a few hours to read the electronic elements of the zed, but can't get down till the end of Jan.

The issue here is that my car by then won't be in VQ format and will house the LS.

The favour in return of a bloody good drink will be to get to the BH22 area (Ferndown) for the end of the month. Day to be confirmed.

Basically all they will do is connect a fancy computer to your car (must be REVUP as above) and "sniff"

Codes and various elements of the electronics. Once read, that's it.

Those who are potentially available please make yourself know.

Cheers in advance :)

Basically all they will do is connect a fancy computer to your car (must be REVUP as above) and "sniff"

Do they have a runny nose? . . or a few too many goes on the Tippex? :lol:

You could have borrowed mine . . . if I still had it :surrender:

• Like 1

I did question this "sniffing" and found it all to be a bit strange. It all made sense when it was explained to me :lol:

Thanks for the offer Jim - I think lol

Paddy that would be great if you could I'll keep this thread active, but to be fair there isn't a wealth of Revup cars in the UK, especially forum based or making it even tougher within a region.

This F1 guy is of course always away and so annoyingly he just couldn't make this weekend.

:)

Edited by Wasso

If your reading the CAN BUS the REV UP and DE motors are all the same for the UK supplied cars. Presume your backward engineering the canbus to allow the ECU fitted witht he V* to output the correct Can bus info to make the dash/heater and other items still work correctly.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Erm yes basically.

I'm just the financier and supplier of parts and vehicle. Which is why I've left the technical parts to others.

But from what you've said and have understood this far yes it's for connectivity of the cabin. IF a standard DE can do the job them perfect. :thumbs: