Car audio guys messed up my system- now sorted

chrisday1990

I have paid a car audio company to change my head unit and speakers...

this morning regarding my sound system change, I did not trust the technicians body language last night as he explained what he had done, it turns out they have charged me to change the speakers and they have not done so as the OEM speakers are still in the car. I cannot wait to rock up tomorrow, how do they think they can get away with this, this is my pride and joy and i cant describe the feeling of anger and stupidity I feel for being reeled in. :yawn::headhurt::rant:

Yes sorry guys, I collected the car in darkness and the technician explained the speakers he changed and gave me the empty boxes to which the JL speakers that should have been fitted changed and also my old head unit which has also been changed, I have checked all 6 - the sub and they are OEM BOSE not JL. I will go down there tomorrow calm and collectively and explain my concerns. also the rear speakers no longer work and the steering controls for the Audio function no longer works.

So after speaking to boss man and showed him my concerns and being polite and diplomatic he not only refunded some money but also sorted out all my concerns. 😃😃

Edited by chrisday1990

as lexx said

you paid them to do a job and they didnt do it

regarding labour if they told you it will take 5 hours and cost £100 no matter how long it take its £100 it on them to beat that time to make more money if they cant do what they say in the time they say thats their issue not yours

Edited by StevoD

Or if you had an estimate, or if there was more work involved because other things broke through no fault of their own...

But yeah, just go back and talk to them.

Then they should have rang and requoted for the job and got authorisation

What kind of companys give someone a a price then works through and charges over the top without authorisation from the customer to spend more time on it

no they done it on cost, I know its an obvious one go back and tell them which I will do monday but you know when people will try and be funny

Not all companies are total bastards... As everyone else has said, go and speak to them on Monday. Most people will only be "funny" with you if you're "funny" with them first. :thumbs:

• Like 2

no they done it on cost, I know its an obvious one go back and tell them which I will do monday but you know when people will try and be funny

But you won't know that until you go in and speak to them.

You're essentially making the start of dragging a companies name through the mud based on what could be a genuine error on their part and you haven't even given them the chance to rectify it before stepping onto a forum and instantly naming them.

I know it sounds really daft, but have you checked the balance settings on your head unit, in case they set them to Front to test out the speaker units individually and didnt change the settings back.

Apologies in advance if thats the obvious first thing to check - flame suit on...

Edited by coldel

I know it sounds really daft, but have you checked the balance settings on your head unit, in case they set them to Front to test out the speaker units individually and didnt change the settings back.

Apologies in advance if thats the obvious first thing to check - flame suit on...

Beat me to it. Was just about to suggest the same, as daft as it sounds.

Or if you had an estimate, or if there was more work involved because other things broke through no fault of their own...

But yeah, just go back and talk to them.

Then they should have rang and requoted for the job and got authorisation

What kind of companys give someone a a price then works through and charges over the top without authorisation from the customer to spend more time on it

Depends on what was agreed with them at the time.

For example, my MR2 is getting some work done and I've just told them to go ahead and fix it. I trust them, I've used them before, and I've not been given a fixed price as it'll cost what it'll cost.

But it's a fair point, some places are more trustworthy than others.

Bloody good point Col :surrender:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15611-what-you-need-to-upgrade-your-350z-audio-system/

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/35-guides/page__prune_day__100__sort_by__Z-A__sort_key__last_post__topicfilter__all__st__30

Print the above and take it with you. It maybe that they genuinely struggled with it, so the above might help.

Edited by steve916

Sorry if ive missed anything but, Is the car still with them? If so they may not have finished the job...saying that, youd have expected them to tell you this.

Id go back open minded, maybe secretly record the convo but dont go in guns blazing...at first, see what they have to say, id actually ask for the old speakers, as youd sometimes do when taking your car to have a service and ask for the old plugs etc etc. Have you physically checked to see that the original speakers are still fitted? At the end of the day, if theyre trying to rip you off or getting aggressive in their stance, threaten to go to trading standards and definitely dont pay. But try to give them the benefit of the doubt initially. (Although like you, i be steaming!!) :boxing:

I have paid a car audio company to change my head unit and speakers...

this morning regarding my sound system change, I did not trust the technicians body language last night as he explained what he had done, it turns out they have charged me to change the speakers and they have not done so as the OEM speakers are still in the car. I cannot wait to rock up tomorrow, how do they think they can get away with this, this is my pride and joy and i cant describe the feeling of anger and stupidity I feel for being reeled in. :yawn::headhurt::rant:

Im confused with this first post and the resulting replies. Looks like when you edited it you have completely removed the initial story? :shrug:

looks like the replies are suggesting things that could be wrong, but youve said its still the OEM speakers fitted.... ?

So I am to assume youve paid for new speakers?

I think he paid for new speakers that were not fitted in the rear..May be wrong... :shrug:

Thats what im guessing. Paid for a new headunit and speakers to be fitted but having checked the work, has noticed theyve forgotten/avoided fitting the rear speakers after hes been billed for it.
  • Like 1

I think he paid for new speakers that were not fitted in the rear..May be wrong... :shrug:

Thats what im guessing. Paid for a new headunit and speakers to be fitted but having checked the work, has noticed theyve forgotten/avoided fitting the rear speakers after hes been billed for it.

This is the case guys, i will go down tomorrow and be calm, speak to the man in charge as if he is the man in office and not always watching what his technicians are doing... or so I will convey.I will be very interested to hear boss mans response, I am hoping for full refund and to replace all back as normal as even the head unit does not fit correctly.

Thanks zippypooz i will also secretly record the converstaion.. i am thinking iphone in top blazer pocket, i will confirm our initial propossed works and then go through the works done dipolmatically. ill keep youys posted

Edited by chrisday1990
  • Like 1

This is the case guys, i will go down tomorrow and be calm, speak to the man in charge as if he is the man in office and not always watching what his technicians are doing... or so I will convey.I will be very interested to hear boss mans response, I am hoping for full refund and to replace all back as normal as even the head unit does not fit correctly.

What a pain, the trouble is is that id be wary about getting them to remove it and put the OEM on back in without them 'doing' something to the car out of annoyance or spite. Id try and be as nice as poss, keep a record of what they do (preferably in writing) and take it elsewhere. Should the next audio company find anything untoward when carrying out the work, you can always go back to the initial fitters with some amo.
  • Like 1