Anybody fancy a bit of fun in the New Year..?

WhackyWill

That's pretty cool Will.

Just been searching online about that car, ...there are a few videos but nothing that interesting. The real interesting stuff is how they did it. ;)

Link: http://www.woodsport...-v8-conversions

Brilliant bit of kit for £10k, what a great road car, if any insurance co will touch it.

don't think there is much out there to see it off. :thumbs:

Don't even think about touching that car.

1. It's not as well built or as well finished as you think.

2. The bloke has had that car sitting around for years now, and only paid a fraction of the asking price for it as Paul Woods knew that there was a long way to go until the car would be ready, and didn't have the time and/or inclination to finish it.

3. The mk1 isn't actually that great a chassis to be starting with.

Paul's a great bloke with a lot of know-how, but sometimes I don't always agree with his engineering methods. He knows he's not perfect though, which is why a lot of people used him as he was very honest. I've driven a couple of his V6 conversions (both mk2 and mk3) and a 3S-GTE swap (into a mk1) and they're great fun, but there was a LOT of fettling over the years to get them right. I'm talking about on an individual car basis, not just the kits.

I'm not trying to knock the guy, he's well ahead of what I could achieve, but even he would admit that this car is not what you think it is.

• Like 1