Advice on a garage to fit new discs & pads in the Northw

NWZ

Just ordered a full brake kit gone for DBA grooved discs front and back, SSS pads, braided lines & new fluid, Anybody else got this setup?

Anyway, been recommended HyperSR to fit them, anybody have experience of these guys (they seem OK when I spoke on the phone) I just want to be 100% sure as I'm not a big modder and I want this to go smoothly - and I didn't want the OEM discs and pads from Nissan (and they quoted me £800!)

So, HyperSR ok or any other recommendations in the Northwest please? Anywhere near Chester / Chorley where I commute at the moment.

Digsy - your my man, I phoned demon tweaks previously but they quoted me for similar OEM stuff, phoned them today and they are prepared to fit the dba discs & endless sss pads I've bought, they're also doing the braided lines & changing the fluid -they can do it this Friday, £40 per hour labour rate - brilliant.

Watch this space for some serious breaking power :teeth:

Digsy - your my man, I phoned demon tweaks previously but they quoted me for similar OEM stuff, phoned them today and they are prepared to fit the dba discs & endless sss pads I've bought, they're also doing the braided lines & changing the fluid -they can do it this Friday, £40 per hour labour rate - brilliant.

Watch this space for some serious breaking power :teeth:

Their mechanics have always taken great care of mine so I hope they do you a good job. :thumbs:

Give my regards to Craig when you're in.

All done now at Demon Tweaks - £70 to fit allround discs & pads (bargain!). Did a brilliant job.

Waiting for my braided lines now - will get it rebooked next week.

Didn't realise Graham Walker did this as well. Will bear them in mind in the future as well.

Cheers to all for their help! I am now bedding in my DBA slotted discs & endless sss pads - nice!

All done now at Demon Tweaks - £70 to fit allround discs & pads (bargain!). Did a brilliant job.

Didn't realise Graham Walker did this as well. Will bear them in mind in the future as well.

Cheers to all for their help! I am now bedding in my DBA slotted discs & endless sss pads - nice!

Good stuff. Saw someone fleeced 4 hours labour by their stealer to do this! :wacko:

Good stuff. Saw someone fleeced 4 hours labour by their stealer to do this! :wacko:

Yeah that was me! Stealer was doing a free P3 service as their salesman was rubbish when I got my car. Stealer principal did me a deal to do my next service free. So when they called to book it in I said could they do the pads and discs if I supply and thought it would be all inc. Ohhh how I was wrong! They charged me £300 for the pleasure! Still I will be calling the dealer principal once again after reading this thread! I wont be going back there in a hurry :rant:

Yeah that was me! Stealer was doing a free P3 service as their salesman was rubbish when I got my car. Stealer principal did me a deal to do my next service free. So when they called to book it in I said could they do the pads and discs if I supply and thought it would be all inc. Ohhh how I was wrong! They charged me £300 for the pleasure! Still I will be calling the dealer principal once again after reading this thread! I wont be going back there in a hurry :rant:

Sorry Chris, didn't want to sound unsympathetic, just couldn't remember where I'd seen it! :blush:

Sorry Chris, didn't want to sound unsympathetic, just couldn't remember where I'd seen it! :blush:

No worries Digsy, I didnt read it like that at all. These threads are all good cos it means people like me that did get fleeced have some ammo to go back to the dealers and complain. How much do NMGB quote for a disc and pad change all round? They havent actually quoted a time on the invoice just a price for labour, but I assume that NMGB will have a set labour charge and time for brake changes being that this is a Nissan main dealer? Might give NMGB a ring from work and see what they say.

Cheers

Chris

NMGB dealer in Chester quoted me £800 all in for everything. Bearing in mind my DBA 4000 discs & Endless SSS pads cost me about £870 all in - prices might sound similar but my new setup is amazing. The breaking power doesn't compare.

If your coming to Bala I can show you :D

NMGB dealer in Chester quoted me £800 all in for everything. Bearing in mind my DBA 4000 discs & Endless SSS pads cost me about £870 all in - prices might sound similar but my new setup is amazing. The breaking power doesn't compare.

If your coming to Bala I can show you :D

Interesting.... Not too bad then all in as mine came to a little over £800 for uprated discs, pads and fitting, so could be worse. Still I can save £300 next time by going to an inderpendant or fitting them myself.

I have also emailed NMGB to ask for an official pricing for the work, with and without parts and if they differ a lot from B'stoke Nissan I will be paying them a visit :boxing:

Cant make the Wales run unfortunately, just got a new house so lots of decorating etc to be done.