Rant: Spacers didnt fit

Pritchard

so i've lost my xmas day to a lovely cold and lack of sleep due to it.

boxing day i awoke on the sofa at 12noon after falling asleep (at last) at about 10pm watching a film. no alcohol involved, the cold is that bad!

anyway. thought i would go and tackle my spacer fitment.

started with the rears. yep. lovely. fine.

then went to the front, and couldnt get them on. looks like theres a Captive Rotor fitted !!

so i've wrapped up for the day. swearing, even colder, and sore.

come in to use Mighty Search and found this:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/75841-fitting-25mm-spacers-idiots-guide/page__fromsearch__1

Really annoyed now. got to have another go tomorrow and get that front Captive off.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I havnet, until now, seen anyone else mention this needing to be removed for spacer fitment. if i had of know i could be all done by now.

grrr.

Humbug

• Like 1

Really wow I never heard of a car of which when you need new discs ,you have to get a whole hub sounds a ball ache

It was indeed. Hyundai Coupe, Gen1. :lol:

rotors only became an issue for spacer and aftermarket wheels of course.

yea - someone has actually found a "howto" that I done :lol:

:)

Edited by Pritchard

Never mind mate, at least you know it's an easier fix than initially expected.

I had a similar thing happen to me the other day (non-car related). My tenant called me at 10pm saying she's just got in and the boiler's not working. Now I've just a new one installed last month there so there should be no problem, but she said there were no lights or power going to it. Here I am thinking the worst and pulling my hair out after having spent just over a grand for the new boiler. So I went first thing in the morning, and lo and behold, the main power switch had been turned off! Thanks for the sleepless night thinking about all the possible scenarios :rant:

Good luck getting the spacers fitted dude - put some pics up once they're done :thumbs:

• Like 1

correct.

toys, pram, thrown,

Last time i had a car with captive rotors it was a hub swap. i assumed, and was wrong. :)

Really wow I never heard of a car of which when you need new discs ,you have to get a whole hub sounds a ball ache

Renault Megane III.

Complete pain in the arse.

• Like 2

I had that same moment when I fitted my front spacers but soon figure out that I can remove it and thought it was there to hold the disc brake in place. Now that I know it's a fail safe nut to stop rear wheels being assembled on the front :o

• Like 1