New car advice, possible brake issue.

Caphel

Hello All.

I have been looking to get a 350Z and have been looking around for a few weeks now. At the moment I am struggling to find the right car. Just found another one, but does this look like a cracked disc?

Is this a common problem? I think I might just skip straight past this car.

0Fkwh2D.png

Dont think its a cracked disc and if it was it wouldnt put me off buying a car. Replacements discs are not overly expensive and they are a wear and tear item. If the car is otherwise spot on then use the disc to haggle the price down and you have yourself a nice ride at a good price for the sake of replacing a disc !!

• Like 1

Could easily be a cracked disc by the way it looks on the pic, however once you can check it yourself, it will be another bargaining tool, its easy to replace a pair of disc's, and if you factor in the charges you could argue that its going to cost a good £300 for parts and labor.

Just because it has a cracked disc, doesn't necessarily mean that its had a hard life.

By the look of it it could easily be from a stress mark in the casting, if it was due to disc's getting very hot, it would likely have lots of small cracks, even so its not a great cause for concern.

doesn't look like a crack to me, as CS said possibly a pad print

+1 - can be checked by turning the wheel slightly to see the full impression of the pad of just do a little drive and and slow to a stop without using the brakes and check then.