cubby box problem

jimmy.farrow7

I took my cubby lid off to get dipped along with my other parts and when it came to putting it back together when i press the button on the box the lid does not go up as it should. I didnt remove any springs i just took the screws out either side and took the lid off the runners. Anyone have a video or help at all?

I have refitted it mate as i go back offshore tonight and didnt want it sittimg out on its own, i didnt notice a copper strip but everytime i open the cubby it goes down instead of up, which would made me think i fitted it back to front, but i checked everything from the pics i took before taking it out and everything is exactly the same.

Should look like this ?

See the strip ?

Had a similar issue with mine and in the end left it together and sent it to Aquagraphix and Dave very kindly did the work for me no extra charge to get the lid dipped

m_C96nxSSMPewsCLk0Zv7QQ.jpg

Yep the strip is fixed to the rear and uncoils as the door opens so to close it you need the button/catch the default setting if you like would be door always open due to the tension being applied by the strip