People who drive fast cars are idiots?

twobears

Keeping up with the Jones's was a familiar phrase in the 70s and 80s. The scene was a typically green well watered lawn suburban estate with identical cars adorning the respective driveways.

The sheep like aspiration for status amongst peers.

Today this is the domain of Audi driving tech savvy ikea and faded antique chic types. Every generation has its equivalent and it's roots come from the dawn of easy credit consumerism.

I like cars, still have all my old matchbox corgi dinky models from childhood in the loft. Being someone who likes cars I like owning fairly sporty ones, this does not make me an idiot just an anorak.

However there will always be those who aspire to be kings of their peer group by exuding an advantage. People like that bore me, I just let them jolly on in there knob extension on wheels.

Enthusiastic drivers will always want to aspire with regards performance or handling. They are not idiots at all, just enjoying a hobby.

• Like 1

It's all what makes us interesting really. I spend a lot on cars because it makes me happy. Old broken Japanese cars tend to make me happier than others. Two people I work with enjoy food, they spend thousands a year on fancy meals in Michelin starred restaurants where as I could personally think of nothing worse. Food is food for me, just like a car is a car for them. Another one of my colleagues loves martial arts, she spends a crazy (to me!) amount of money going all over the uk every night of the week to train with different clubs to make herself better. I spend my spare time on here to make my knowledge better ready for when I kill the car and I also spend a stupid amount of money (to everyone else!) to fix it and make it better for my needs.

"Good things come to those who wait go out and work bloody hard for it"

The ridiculousness of the comments on the other forum are mind boggling and bigoted. Hell lets join in with their way of looking at things, find out what car they own and label them...

People Carriers are all driven by idiots who drive 1 yard off your rear bumper at any speed

4x4s are all driven by idiots who do not need an off road vehicle

Small eco cars are all driven by idiots who cause traffic jams as we all wait 2 minutes for them to reach 10mph

Estate cars are all driven by idiots who take up two parking spaces on roads

...and so on and so forth.

They are just communists anyway by the sound of it, share the wealth, yeah that worked out well didn't it.

Bear in mind we all think that Audi & BMW drivers don't own indicators, and cyclists and horse riders should be banned from the roads, I think we should probably refrain from lobbing small rocks whilst residing in properties made from heated sand ;)

• Like 1

Bear in mind we all think that Audi & BMW drivers don't own indicators, and cyclists and horse riders should be banned from the roads, I think we should probably refrain from lobbing small rocks whilst residing in properties made from heated silica sand, soda ash, limestone and cullet ;)

Fixed that for you :D

Bear in mind we all think that Audi & BMW drivers don't own indicators, and cyclists and horse riders should be banned from the roads, I think we should probably refrain from lobbing small rocks whilst residing in properties made from heated sand ;)

Noooo, not ALL BMW, Audi, Horse and Cycle owners - but most ;)

One of my best mates has bought a Cayman this year, not because its a brilliant car, but because its a Porsche, he lives in a posh little villiage in the sticks, with stuck up neighbours who all drive flash cars. Its a lifestyle choice. I would love to have a new car, but the only thing id replace the trusty 350 with is a Maserati Gransport, or a VX220, one more attainable than the other, but if I didnt have a nice house with a big mortgage, id happily have the Maserati. In an ideal world id have both. lol

I have to ask and feeling somewhat naive and probably going to get a slating.....................

Twobears - What other Forum is being talked about ?

Wendy, I daren't tell you because they will chuck me out if any Zedders invade their forum. They are fond of chasing off invaders with pitchforks :scare:

Craig, you must point me in the direction of the 'ladies who lunch' forum. I take it you are a member? :wacko: No double entendre intended :lol: