Ebay scum bag!

hensh65

Was searching the internet for a good deal on Cyber monday for a Gopro, managed to find a Hero 4 silver on Ebay for £230 with a seller who had 350 good feedback all 5 stars and had a few of them for sale. Pretty chuffed with that I bought it, free royal mail 1st class recorded delivery, perfect.

No sign of it by Thursday so I mailed the seller last night with no reply. Had a look on his profile and there is 5 negative comments all saying the same thing. No item, no reply to emails. Everytime I go on his page now there is more and more negative comments coming in.

Looks like he has got a good rep and then taking a crazy amount of money and done a runner! I have opened an ebay case so I know I will get my money back but it will take nearly 2 weeks and now I need to go try and get another one before xmas!

Raging to say the least :rant:

Is there no chance that something might have happened to the guy? I got taken into hospital recently, pretty suddenly, so would have had no chance to sort anything out like eBay postages etc.?

I'm not saying it's not a scammer or hacked account, but it seems a little stupid if everyone can get their money back?

• Like 2

That's the thing with Ebay, b@st@rd trying their best to scam and eBay has nothing to stop that. Lucky enough that you can still open a dispute and get your money back. Just the hassle of opening the dispute and finding another genuine seller. I feel for you as I've been through this 3 times now, but got my money back in all occasions. Good luck mate

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I know what you mean, there could be something that could have happened but it looks very unlikley. He basically had a tone of great buys all at the same time all finishing at the same time and each hour another review will come in with the same thing.

Seller is svajoklis2014

It really looks to me like he has been selling odds and sods for a while to make a killing at xmas. Seems he had watches and everything up for good prices.

Repost

He's conveniently left his address

Megnisa Krekonova

30 Padley Road

Dagenham

Essex

RM81XE

United Kingdom

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 2

I do like eBay but I've had a few run in's with scammer's & dishonest people unfortunately.

By far the worst was a polish guy who bought from me my old Gruppe M induction kit from my Civic Type R. It was a big ticket item on an auction and in the end he won it for a little over £400 delivered.

I packed it safely in a box about 4ft long as it also included the modified scuttle panel for the car that you needed to fit it (so it was hardly a small package that could go missing :dry: ). I then sent it via Parcel Force recorded/signed for/insured delivery.

The short story is the delivery guy delivered it to him, he signed for it and then just started claiming he hadn't got it. I rang up the local depots and after speaking to a manager I even got to speak to the delivery driver who even told me a man had signed for it at that address (opened the front door). Signature proof was illegible.

He tried still though to claim he hadn't got it so I was forced to follow the eBay rules (which protect the buyer) and had to try to make a claim with Parcel Force. Luckily he bottled it when Parcel Force sent him letters to sign which in no uncertain terms said we will take you to court & prosecute if we discover this to be a fraudulent claim. Still that dragged out for almost two months. :angry::thumbdown:

• Like 1

Im always buying stuff on ebay, but have really been put off trying to sell stuff on there after my last few experiences. I sold a mobile phone on there earlier in the year, described it totally accurately, saying how it was 3 years old, had a few marks as expected for a 3 year old phone, had loads of pictures on it. Sold it to some bloke, i actually finished work early so I could send it next day special delivery etc. Bloke gets it then moans that its got a few marks on it and its not mint. I pointed out that I said that in the listing. He raises dispute and ebay say ive got to refund him. I got phone back and just chucked it in the skip rather than go through the hassle of re-listing etc.

Then I sold a motorbike on there. After it sold I actually found loads of spare bits for it, including new battery, new tyres etc which id not put on the listing. Bloke turns up, I tell him i`ll throw all these new bits in for free (£400 worth of bits), I then help him get the bike loaded up, then he turns around and offers me about £200 less than what the selling price was on ebay. I couldnt believe it, especially as id just given him £400 of new bits for free. He then got all funny about it, pointing out bits which id already accurately described in the listing. Id also said in the listing that id strongly recommend people viewed it before buying but he hadnt. I was one step away from knocking the guy out but in the end, as I needed shot of the bike and didnt want to go through all the hassle of re-listing I let him have £100 off the price and off he went.

I used to sell no end of bits on there without any hassle, but it now has really put me off selling stuff.

• Like 1

Im always buying stuff on ebay, but have really been put off trying to sell stuff on there after my last few experiences. I sold a mobile phone on there earlier in the year, described it totally accurately, saying how it was 3 years old, had a few marks as expected for a 3 year old phone, had loads of pictures on it. Sold it to some bloke, i actually finished work early so I could send it next day special delivery etc. Bloke gets it then moans that its got a few marks on it and its not mint. I pointed out that I said that in the listing. He raises dispute and ebay say ive got to refund him. I got phone back and just chucked it in the skip rather than go through the hassle of re-listing etc.

Then I sold a motorbike on there. After it sold I actually found loads of spare bits for it, including new battery, new tyres etc which id not put on the listing. Bloke turns up, I tell him i`ll throw all these new bits in for free (£400 worth of bits), I then help him get the bike loaded up, then he turns around and offers me about £200 less than what the selling price was on ebay. I couldnt believe it, especially as id just given him £400 of new bits for free. He then got all funny about it, pointing out bits which id already accurately described in the listing. Id also said in the listing that id strongly recommend people viewed it before buying but he hadnt. I was one step away from knocking the guy out but in the end, as I needed shot of the bike and didnt want to go through all the hassle of re-listing I let him have £100 off the price and off he went.

I used to sell no end of bits on there without any hassle, but it now has really put me off selling stuff.

yea i refuse to sell on ebay (and on here now :dry: )

Advertised my snapon roll cab and box on ebay limited edition tons of up close photographs auctioned With sold as seen welcome viewing, auction end around £900

guy came to pick it up and said im not paying £900 for it ill give you £600, to which i said erm no you won the auction for £900, he said well it not worth it so im not paying, then filed a complaint with ebay against me for item not as described

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Advertised my snapon roll cab and box on ebay limited edition tons of up close photographs auctioned With sold as seen welcome viewing, auction end around £900

guy came to pick it up and said im not paying £900 for it ill give you £600, to which i said erm no you won the auction for £900, he said well it not worth it so im not paying, then filed a complaint with ebay against me for item not as described

Stevo why do you refuse to sell on here now? Why are you actually here? You didn't have the decency to answer any of my PM's either to do with a request that YOU put in!!

Why have you such a chip on your shoulder?

Stevo why do you refuse to sell on here now? Why are you actually here? You didn't have the decency to answer any of my PM's either to do with a request that YOU put in!!

http://www.350z-uk.c...st/page__st__40

its a 350z forum i have a 350z and there is a good number of guys i get on well with here despite what alot think of me, hey mouthwash hated me now im doing him favour going out my way to collect an exhaust, Ekona disliked me now we have a good laugh same with SMD

regarding the Pm i was away on work with crappy internet service that was slow it took age to do anything and after the rude "I'll take that as a no. Cheers" Message i didn't see much point in replying

There is no chip on my should just seems certain people like to place it there :D

Edited by StevoD

:yawn: .. another person attacking someone! "why are you actually here".... why can't he be. :wacko:
  • Like 3

:yawn: .. another person attacking someone! "why are you actually here".... why can't he be. :wacko:

If people want to moan and say that they're not going to contribute then quite frankly I think they shouldn't be. This is a community, built by the community for the community. It thrives on people's input and if people don't put in, then why should the be able to take?

its a 350z forum i have a 350z and there is a good number of guys i get on well with here despite what alot think of me, hey mouthwash hated me now im doing him favour going out my way to collect an exhaust, Ekona disliked me now we have a good laugh same with SMD

regarding the Pm i was away on work with crappy internet service that was slow it took age to do anything and after the rude "I'll take that as a no. Cheers" Message i didn't see much point in replying

There is no chip on my should just seems certain people like to place it there :D

Steve I messaged you 3 times and you viewed them quite finely and then posted on other threads in between. I don't believe for a minute that was the reason.

If people want to moan and say that they're not going to contribute then quite frankly I think they shouldn't be. This is a community, built by the community for the community. It thrives on people's input and if people don't put in, then why should the be able to take?

Its an online forum........yes its useful and a small number of people will meet up and make a friendship but ultimately its just a chat site bro ....chill your passions.

• Like 2

So the advice he frequently gives other members isn't contributing? Or the laughs and support he gives other members? Help? Favours? Bit short sighted on your part I'd say. Maybe steves witch hunt theory isn't unfounded...

Edit: Especially from a moderator who's supposed to be above the bitchyness. Dont forget, without the members you'll have no content to moderate...

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 1

I never hated you :lol: you just never got my humour and at that point I didn't have my Stevo to English dictionary so could never quite work out what you meant :p

Also, if you decide not to sell on here because you've had a bad experience or whatever.. Surely that's up to you and not a requirement of being on the site? Bit of an odd thing to have a problem about.

• Like 1

Steve I messaged you 3 times and you viewed them quite finely and then posted on other threads in between. I don't believe for a minute that was the reason.

this is true but some reason the mobile app thing that runs on site wouldn't send messages just gave me a loading screen either way the reply was just as rude if not ruder than not replying,

and im guessing that your comments above are saying i dont put in anything to community ? i will remember that for future and not to bother giving any advice or thoughts on thing as its not valuable to anyone.