Clicking noise?

steve916

Now, I know that my car suffers from the common clicky axles, which I will fix when I get chance and its dry outside, but this is a different noise.

This is the second time I've noticed it now. I get a constant clicking noise from the rear when driving round a roundabout. Once I have straightened up again, the noise has gone.

I'm thinking it must be suspension related as it happens when the weight transfers to the left hand side of the car. I didn't notice anything obvious when I had the wheels off the other weekend.

Any ideas?

Are you absolutely sure you tightened up properly? Meaning, you tightened them up hand tight off the ground in opposite sequence first and then with a torque bar after? And then the same for the wheel nuts off the ground then on the ground in opposite sequence after?

Seems that it's coincidental that this noise started since putting the spacers on.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Search for drive shaft clicking thers loads of threads some only re greased joints and cleaned up splines others have replaced shafts.

Are you absolutely sure you tightened up properly? Meaning, you tightened them up hand tight off the ground in opposite sequence first and then with a torque bar after? And then the same for the wheel nuts off the ground then on the ground in opposite sequence after?

Seems that it's coincidental that this noise started since putting the spacers on.

I tightened the bolts up in sequence to 108nm on the spacer bolts and then the wheel lug bolts. I didnt say the noise has only appeared after doing this.

As for the clicky driveshafts, I had assumed that the clicks only happen when changing from forward to reverse and vice versa. I have just read that some people also get the clicking whilst driving along, so it could still be related to that I guess.