What have you have found in a used car???

Darren-B

Over the years I have come across a number of items that people have left/lost in their cars when selling, from fuel receipts to bra's & radiator valves

But with my latest purchase I have come across some items that are a little more exciting than my previous finds:

So far I have found a cigar cutter, $4.19 & counting, ketchup, banking receipts, glasses, 3 flares, a couple of 9mm Rounds & 2 spare keys taped to the underside,

& just so I don't get the 'cool story bro' ;)

IMG_5987.jpg

So what have people left behind in cars you have bought

I didn't buy the car but looked at it for potential purchase and found the previous owners debit card behind the visor.

Gave it in to the sales chap as I'm that kind of guy.

I didn't buy the car though :lol:

Missed a trick, should have bought the car with the card you found :shrug:

I'm not normally into criminal activity......

But I like that a LOT :lol:

Over the years I have come across a number of items that people have left/lost in their cars when selling, from fuel receipts to bra's & radiator valves

But with my latest purchase I have come across some items that are a little more exciting than my previous finds:

So far I have found a cigar cutter, $4.19 & counting, ketchup, banking receipts, glasses, 3 flares, a couple of 9mm Rounds & 2 spare keys taped to the underside,

& just so I don't get the 'cool story bro' ;)

IMG_5987.jpg

So what have people left behind in cars you have bought

When you say 9mm rounds Darren are you referring to the ones pictured above? :dry:

The one's pictured above look like 38 Special rounds imo. Hard to tell exactly though as there are so many similar rimmed rounds like that including now discontinued calibres ~ easiest way to tell is on the bottom of the cartridge it will say on the rim what it is. ;)

This is what a 38 Special round looks like below btw.

38-special-alloutdoor-660x421.jpg

Regarding what have I found in secondhand cars, ...well tbh nothing as interesting as live ammo. :thumbdown:

Found lot's of Japanese coins in my old JDM Impreza WRX and once found a 6 Disc CD changer in a Mondeo ST24 I bought which I didn't know was there & neither did the seller. :thumbs:

Well I guess they are 9mm rounds as they are 9mm in diameter :shrug:

38 Special bullet's are 0.374 of an inch which makes it 9.5mm in diameter.

Believe me ammunition over the years is very confusing when it comes to referring to sizes, calibres, gauges, bores etc. Just think of all the different countries that have made there own ammunition for starters.

As I said Darren just take a look on the underneath near the primers and it will tell you the calibre most likely unless on the rare occasion it won't if it's a mass produced military cartridge & even then in most cases it will still state a calibre.

Like the below picture which shows you it's a "9mm Luger" cartridge.

620194_02_9mm_ammo_640.jpg

Sorry bit geeky I know, ...hence part of my user name. "Ballistic"

I'm kind of interested in firearms ballistics, ammunition etc. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Well I guess they are 9mm rounds as they are 9mm in diameter :shrug:

38 Special bullet's are 0.374 of an inch which makes it 9.5mm in diameter.

Believe me ammunition over the years is very confusing when it comes to referring to sizes, calibres, gauges, bores etc. Just think of all the different countries that have made there own ammunition for starters.

As I said Darren just take a look on the underneath near the primers and it will tell you the calibre most likely unless on the rare occasion it won't if it's a mass produced military cartridge & even then in most cases it will still state a calibre.

Like the below picture which shows you it's a "9mm Luger" cartridge.

620194_02_9mm_ammo_640.jpg

Sorry bit geeky I know, ...hence part of my user name. "Ballistic"

I'm kind of interested in firearms ballistics, ammunition etc. :thumbs:

Well I would post them to you, but.................................... probably best not to, I'll clean them up tomorrow & take some better pictures

• Like 1