cel on after hfc fitte

Dashurik

As far as I understand Berks hfc shouldn't affect this,but CEL is on after one week of Hfc installed. Unfortunately don't have any equipment to read it..Does it sound right to you guys? May be oxygen sensor was damaged when cats installed/! Also sometimes I can smell a bit of Co2 when pressing hard on right pedal,is that normal or I have a leak somewhere?

Mine did this loads of times, still does occasionally, there's never any codes stored so I know its just the sensors playing silly buggers. I just clear it and carry on as normal. :) The smell is more likely the new exhaust burning off the newness, I wouldn't worry about it, I assume you listened for leaks when the HFC's were fitted, it's unlikely unless it was a complete shoddy job that there's a leak. :lol:

Honestly it varies from car to car.

I have heard of Zed owners fitting the HFC's without issues whereas others have had issues with the EML coming on. I had HFC's fitted to my 350 and all was fine for a few weeks but then the EML came on. Had the code read and it was O2 sensors after the Cats.

I did the pedal dance AKA ECU reset to turn it off but it would always come back on again after a few days to a week of driving. Doubt your O2 sensors where damaged it's just something that seems to happen.

You could try Clark Motorsport as they used to have O2 sensor spacers which where around £12odd ~ in some cases this will fix the O2 sensor error.

I just lived with it for a few months until it was time for my UpRev. :thumbs:

ECU reset guide here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

• Like 2

I have heard of Zed owners fitting the HFC's without issues whereas others have had issues with the EML coming on. I had HFC's fitted to my 350 and all was fine for a few weeks but then the EML came on. Had the code read and it was O2 sensors after the Cats.

I did the pedal dance AKA ECU reset to turn it off but it would always come back on again after a few days to a week of driving. Doubt your O2 sensors where damaged it's just something that seems to happen.

You could try Clark Motorsport as they used to have O2 sensor spacers which where around £12odd ~ in some cases this will fix the O2 sensor error.

ECU reset guide here: http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

going to abbey on 6th of december for remap,hopefully this will be sorted permanently..

ECU reset guide here: http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/

going to abbey on 6th of december for remap,hopefully this will be sorted permanently..

Then don't worry about it. Jez at Horsham sorted mine for me.

One thing before you go up to Abbey make sure you don't clear the EML so that Mark can read any codes on there just to be sure that's all it is. ;)