Where's that post?

Argyll

I'm trying to get quotes to have my seats retrimmed with leather and a red piping. There was a post in here with photographs with a similiar seat but tan piping.

Can anyone tell me where the photograph is please. i want to send the retrimming company the photo so they get a general idea?

Hi mate

The company is called Transcal and they are based in Livingston. They have quoted me £695+VAT = £816.63.

I don't know if this is a good price or not? can anyone advise please?

I'm sure Lomoto's cost £500. :)

£550 inc everything.. :thumbs:

Hi mate

The company is called Transcal and they are based in Livingston. They have quoted me £695+VAT = £816.63.

I don't know if this is a good price or not? can anyone advise please?

When I bought my car from MacKays in Edinburgh, I seem to recall that they said that they could offer leather seats from somewhere local, for £500. I saw a sample of them and they looked good - I sometimes wish I had taken up the offer then. They may be able to put you on to the supplier.

Hi Jim

I thought about them too at the time. However I doubt very much If Kye would tell you their name as he seems extremely money orientated and he would want his cut. I'm very wary of dealing with this guy now as I've had a couple of bad experiences with him and he seems a bit of a shister!

On a different note i would check your wiring behind your stereo if I were you. I was changing my stereo and the way they have wired in the band extender is absolutely shocking! It looks to have been done by a 3 year old. I don't know if it could possibly start a fire but I'd check it anyway.

Hi Jim

I thought about them too at the time. However I doubt very much If Kye would tell you their name as he seems extremely money orientated and he would want his cut. I'm very wary of dealing with this guy now as I've had a couple of bad experiences with him and he seems a bit of a shister!

I'm sorry to hear that, as I found them very reasonable, especially as they picked up the whole bill for getting my spare key cut and coded by Nissan. I'll think twice about recommending them to anyone else now, since you clearly are not happy with the service provided.

On a different note i would check your wiring behind your stereo if I were you. I was changing my stereo and the way they have wired in the band extender is absolutely shocking! It looks to have been done by a 3 year old. I don't know if it could possibly start a fire but I'd check it anyway.

Thanks for the warning about the stereo wiring. I have a problem with the power socket, which I intend to get a local auto-electrician to look at. I'll get them to check the wiring at the same time.

Having read your latest posts, I am definitely not going back to MacKays. :scare:

I got my last service done locally, at Muirhall Motors in Larbert, and I am happy with the work they did. They've serviced both of our cars for a couple of years now and I think they are honest traders with a couple of good mechanics. :thumbs:

Mind you, if I ever want to trade this one in and get another Z, I'm struggling to find an importer anywhere north of the border now. It would have to be an import because I need the tiptronic box. :blush: