Western money transfer

Flex

A friend who's moved out of the country wants to do a money transfer via the above as she cant do banking transfers were she is (for reasons unkown to me). she needs my address to do this and then I have to go into the above and provide ID etc.

Never done this before, is it safe and secure or will someone in Nigeria end up with my bank details?

western union itself is legit, just a lot of scams go through it.

If you are sending money to a person you know, a friend, then there should be no problem with it... but id never use it to pay for goods or services from somebody I don't know.. I'd always stick to paypal for their buyer protection

If you are sending money to a person you know, a friend, then there should be no problem with it... but id never use it to pay for goods or services from somebody I don't know.. I'd always stick to paypal for their buyer protection

It's someone sending me money to pay off their UK credit card.

yeah, that shouldn't be a problem mate it is a legit company as I said, just some scum bags use it for easy scamming

• Like 1

yeah, that shouldn't be a problem mate it is a legit company as I said, just some scum bags use it for easy scamming

Cheers btw, your surname isnt Diggler is it?

• Like 1

Western MT is ok but expensive. There are many other similar services that are cheaper and also reliable just need to shop around. If it was transfering from UK outwards I could have given some suggestions.

Why not paypal to you?

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 1

Western MT is ok but expensive. There are many other similar services that are cheaper and also reliable just need to shop around. If it was transfering from UK outwards I could have given some suggestions.

Why not paypal to you?

I honestly dont know dude, PP would be far simpler, I might suggest it. Thanks fella, hope the beamer is still keeping you happy!

I have used WU many times over the years and it's ok, a pretty safe way of doing it. However I have never known of the need for the recipient to have to provide an address. All you need to collect the money is proof of identity that matches the information the sender has provided and the MTCN (money transfer control number). As a sender you have to provides other details about yourself and WU keep records of this but I expect that is more for your security than anything else. UNLESS, you are doing a bank to bank or cash to bank transfer, then obviously there are sort codes and account numbers to deal with! :)

Cheers btw, your surname isnt Diggler is it?

Nope, first name isnt Durk(Dirk) either... be bloody good if I was called Dirk Diggler!

• Like 1