Would you want to know?

AliveBoy

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to know?

• Yes, but tell me gently
    • Yes, let rip
    • Maybe, if it was really silly
    • No, let me be happy

So, you've just decided on/completed your next mod; you're ecstatic and want the whole forum to know and let you bask in the glory of your genius. Except the idea is/was a bad one or you've been overcharged. Would you want to know?

This has lots of levels I guess, there have been plenty of people who have had terrible paint matches done, terrible quality bodywork, been clearly massively overcharged, have some silly plans that won't work, have silly plans which have worked, have been taken for a ride or are delusional.

Provide examples, and lets see what the consensus is?

I was MASSIVELY overcharged by a trader on here once, I was suddenly presented with a HUGE bill when I'd asked to be notified if it went over a set amount. I knew it but couldn't realistically do anything about it afterwards, so I've kept quiet and have never gone back, but I do warn people where possible. If I hadn't realised it myself, I'd want to know for sure and I'd have received the mickey taking as par for the course.

Keep it not too serious if possible :lol:

I'm afraid (and I hope I'm wrong) that this might push too many buttons for too many people and it WILL get serious. The first thing that I'd want to ask is, who is the trader in your case? Now you've publicised it that is a fair reaction and I think others may feel the same as we hate to see our fellow Zedders getting ripped off. :surrender:

• Like 5

I'm afraid (and I hope I'm wrong) that this might push too many buttons for too many people and it WILL get serious. The first thing that I'd want to ask is, who is the trader in your case? Now you've publicised it that is a fair reaction and I think others may feel the same as we hate to see our fellow Zedders getting ripped off. :surrender:

Hopefully it won't get serious. my main thinking was say with grundy, with both his wheels and his spoiler.

Both times he's taken the mickey taking on the chin and carried out his mods and they both look absolutely great (IMO), but I know a lot of people wouldn't like it and would possibly get offended/upset.

Hopefully it won't get serious. my main thinking was say with grundy, with both his wheels and his spoiler.

Both times he's taken the mickey taking on the chin and carried out his mods and they both look absolutely great (IMO), but I know a lot of people wouldn't like it and would possibly get offended/upset.

It depends how touchy you are I guess. Yup fair play to grundy indeed in his case. My car is my car and that's what is important to me, of course I want other people to like it but the importantt thing to me is that I like it. If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
  • Like 1

I think all my mods have been risk-ei :lol:

I just do it to push the buttons of other members who will think I've destroyed my zed :lol:

I've never been ripped off YET - I'm quite careful at looking into what I buy and who I buy it from. It's all about looking around and comparing, never jumping straight in with the first offer.

-Unless you go to the Zed Shed and Keyser shoves a Strut bar and Wide boy body kit in your face :lol: Too rude to say no.

But my only confession to keeping from the forum, was a curbing incident :(

• Like 2

If you're going to post it then be prepared for responses either positive or negative and take it on the chin if it's not what you wanted to be told, if it's a good response then sweet, if a persons latest mod isn't to everyone's taste oh well as long as your happy with it

If overcharged or poor service etc it's good to get it on here to help others not make the same mistake, if you get a poor service or are overcharged then IMO name and shame so other members know to steer clear

:thumbs:

Regarding the micky thing there is always a line a bit of banter like I've had about my wing being an ironing board etc I'm fine with that as it's good hearted

As is inform things and advice like someone saying you realise all your doing is shutting you boot somemore with the downforce, which I don't find offensive

But I think there a lines when people start personal attacks like your a ****ing retarded ricer why put that heap of @*!# on it you make your car pointless I think stuff like that isn't warranted

I mean even if people tell you not to do something it's your choice still, if they don't like it that's up to them don't have to claim ownership of it you do if you happy to hold the torch for it then go ahead

Edited by StevoD

I have found all Traders and Independents on here to be helpful and very reasonable :thumbs: :thumbs:

You've used all traders Will, really?

Even I haven't used all of them yet, even if two of them are firmly OFF my Christmas card list.

• Like 1

It depends how touchy you are I guess. Yup fair play to grundy indeed in his case. My car is my car and that's what is important to me, of course I want other people to like it but the importantt thing to me is that I like it. If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

100% agree

Like some of the points made in this dont like it thats cool it aint yours

Why wont it embed?

Edited by StevoD

I bought a product from a trader on here and was very unhappy with the quality of said product for the price. It had received good and favourable views, maybe my expectations exceed others, who knows.

The trader was informed and whilst very helpful, i realised i was p*ssi*ng in the wind to expect anything other than "advise".

Information that should have been given on order imho, wasnt, if it had been, i wouldnt have made the purchase, the bitterest pill to swallow for me was he had not even seen the item so i found it very infuriating that it was defended with such gusto.

If ever i see a thread about the item i make my thoughts and findings known to the op so they can make their own balanced decision, seems i am not the only one which also justifies my opinions.

I dont feel it necessary to name and shame as others are pleased and mistakes can be made, would i ever use them again, no, not a chance in hell, not because of the imo poor quality, but the overall lack of after sales and response.

On a similar note i am sure everyone has heard of checkatrade, i have and will avoid it as it can take one poor review to blot your copy book, i did some work for an old lady, nice as pie but as mad as a cut snake, she had some wardrobe doors fitted from a guy from checkatrade, when finished she said to me how happy she was but was going to leave comment about his tidyness, i said why not just say to the guy, you could have been tidier, offer advise, but no, she had to write it out for all to see. A small mention would have probably been all that was needed.

Edited by Jetpilot

I think all my mods have been risk-ei :lol:

I just do it to push the buttons of other members who will think I've destroyed my zed :lol:

I've never been ripped off YET - I'm quite careful at looking into what I buy and who I buy it from. It's all about looking around and comparing, never jumping straight in with the first offer.

-Unless you go to the Zed Shed and Keyser shoves a Strut bar and Wide boy body kit in your face :lol: Too rude to say no.

But my only confession to keeping from the forum, was a curbing incident :(

hey guys, Grundy kerbed his Zed!! Oh wait....

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1