Buying a car minefield

secretstar07979

I don't want to buy from a cowboy dealer. All they do is get them from auctions, whack on a grand and sell it on. Hence the reason why this car is overpriced.

I sort of get where your coming from, most dealers will have no idea of the history of any given car, except whats written down in the service book, they buy from auction, ebay even or trade ins, but if they think there is a margin and its a good car they will buy it and mark it up. There has always been people "trading" cars for some extra beer money, its nothing new, if you feel he is a trader and trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes best to report the matter to the relevant classifieds if it will make you feel better/

If its a grand over priced not sure why you would want it anyway :)

I would agree with Ricey ,tbh i dont see many 350Z going to normal car auctions ,might be a few on specific type auction days etc but not common .If you really worried the best test is is it registered to the seller at his address as no dealer i know is ever going to register a car as his and put a new keeper on it and wait for a new V5 etc if its in trade we use the yellow section which will be missing from the top right of the V5.

Many of us are in the car trade but not nessacerily buying and selling cars ,i care not were or who im buying from if the car checks out as hpi clear and history ,condition .mileage etc and looks feels and drives right its all good down to price you willing to pay ,i have bought from traders and private just need to know what you are doing really

• Like 1

I'm with Docwra, "I'm phoning about the car you've advertised for sale"

" Which car is that then"?

"thanks, bye"

A trader, no doubt. Yes you could end up getting a nice car at a fairly good price but if someone is not telling the truth from the word go, alarm bells would start ringing for me and I'd walk away and keep on looking.

"thanks, bye"

A trader, no doubt. Yes you could end up getting a nice car at a fairly good price but if someone is not telling the truth from the word go, alarm bells would start ringing for me and I'd walk away and keep on looking.

Although even the likes of myself who happily advertises as a 'dealer' can have very low numbers.

I've only got one at the moment. just helps to bolster the detailing income whilst I build the business up.

"thanks, bye"

One exception is, I bought a car from a family returning to Australia. They had 3 cars for sale, and nearly every single item in their house was too :lol: I ended up leaving with a car and a load of games/dvd's in the back. I was never arrested for any of them, so it definitely was their stuff to sell :lol:

• Like 1

Poor trader if he's owned it a whole month. Tradelink struggle to keep them for 2 weeks they sell so fast. Except that Japspeed one :lol:

Thanks for that bit of publicity Aliveboy! Japspeed car went in less than a week! We have just had it listed for ages... Sorry if you were misled!

Only car we have had for over a month is the Bitch!!

Cheers Keyser!!

• Like 1

Poor trader if he's owned it a whole month. Tradelink struggle to keep them for 2 weeks they sell so fast. Except that Japspeed one :lol:

Thanks for that bit of publicity Aliveboy! Japspeed car went in less than a week! We have just had it listed for ages... Sorry if you were misled!

Cheers Keyser!!

i have to ask did it go stickered up

At the end of the day the Traders are going to offer the car for what they can get, They may have a large profit in it but that's not relevant to you as long as your happy with the car and the overall deal.

Bearing in mind the trader may have taken it in part exchange from a punter who was so excited about the one they were buying they got it cheap. There has to be a profit in it for a trader to make it worth while.

Most good cars cost good money and lets be honest quite often on here someone post about a bargain they have just bought and then over the next few weeks their looking for replacement parts or have running problems. At that point they probably wish they`ed spent a bit more money.

People on these forums should help encourage the price of these cars to rise not constantly be looking for reasons to say ` its a grand too much` which does seem to be a common theme.

These cars are special but owners who only buy them when there cheap and move them on quickly are not looking for that experience and don't realise how good they are. They are just living for a quick fix and maybe just want to move onto the next car they fancy.

Their opinion will always be different from the enthusiast and this generally starts with what they think there worth.

Cheers Keyser!!

i have to ask did it go stickered up

IT DID!!!

(but were removed soon after)!!

Funny that!

• Like 1