Thinking of selling my 350 GT

JoshC

I'm very tempted to take up an offer on finance of the new 2015 370 Nismo. Problem is to get the deal I've been offered and to get the car before March next year I would need to move very fast to put my depsoit down. Delivery would be first week of December so would need the full deposit for then.

My 350 is a 54 plate, 111K miles, FSH (mostly dealer), MOT till October 2015, recently resprayed front end and refurbished wheels. Paint condition on the rest of the car is okay/good I would say.

I've had a look around and comparable cars seem to range from £4500 to £5800. What do people think would be a fair price for mine as that's quite a big range considering the cars are all very similar in mileage, condition etc...

Depends what you need for a deposit, if the range above covers your deposit I would be tempted to sell it under its market value to get rid of it quick so I can take advantage of the finance deal.

I guess others may take a different stance on it.

Edited by mouthwash

Now is not a good time to sell a 2-seater sportscar. If you definitely need to sell it within a month you will have to take a hit on the price. You will have to price it near the bottom of the range of cars of similar age and mileage. Depends on how much do you want a new car, really. New 370z's don't sell particularly well, so the chances are that your finance deal will be available to you whenever.

The finance deal is a launch offer with delivery in the first week of December. Basically 8k deposit with £390 a month for 3 years. If I didn't take this deal he says I won't get the launch offer of £1500 contribution from the dealer and the next delivery would be March/April.

Very undecided on what to do :(

So the whole offer is earlier delivery + £1500 discount ? You can easily lose half that to the quick sale of your car. Obviously it is up to you, but I don't think that this is a deal that you need to rush into. Less than a grand on a £30k car is a 3% discount, hardly a feat of generosity. Besides, it might be even better to get the car in March rather than now because you will get to enjoy first few months of ownership in the summer rather than cold wet foggy winter.

So the whole offer is earlier delivery + £1500 discount ? You can easily lose half that to the quick sale of your car. Obviously it is up to you, but I don't think that this is a deal that you need to rush into. Less than a grand on a £30k car is a 3% discount, hardly a feat of generosity. Besides, it might be even better to get the car in March rather than now because you will get to enjoy first few months of ownership in the summer rather than cold wet foggy winter.

Okay when you look at it like that it's not an amazing deal but he has offered me what he calls the fleet rates for a business customer. He did this because I told him I had a quite from a local I dependent trader and he said he would match it but I would still get the £1500 contribution from them plus all the other benefits ie servicing etc! I'm going to ring around other dealers to see if anyone can beat that but the figure of £390 a month was originally £440.

Sounds like they are trying to rush you into signing on the dotted line. Looking at the howmanyleft website Nissan sold roughly 50 370Z in the last 12 month, so I doubt very much a more expensive version of the 370Z is going to be flying out of the show rooms. £390/month + 8K deposit + I persume lump sum if on PCP is also hardly a 'bargin' finance deal. Not when you consider VW was offering the Golf R for £250/month on lease.

I would sit tight and wait for a few months, and than go in with a cheeky offer when the cars have been sitting on the forecourts for a while unsold.

Sounds like they are trying to rush you into signing on the dotted line. Looking at the howmanyleft website Nissan sold roughly 50 370Z in the last 12 month, so I doubt very much a more expensive version of the 370Z is going to be flying out of the show rooms. £390/month + 8K deposit + I persume lump sum if on PCP is also hardly a 'bargin' finance deal. Not when you consider VW was offering the Golf R for £250/month on lease.

I would sit tight and wait for a few months, and than go in with a cheeky offer when the cars have been sitting on the forecourts for a while unsold.

I think you may be right mate, having slept on it I'm not sure there's enough difference between the 50 & 70 to justify selling a £5k car to finance a £38k car. Not doubting it won't be a much better car but not sure there's a £30k+ difference.Also a shame its missing a few goodies of the standard 370 and in fact my 350.

Think I might do exactly what a few here have suggested and wait till the new year to see if there are still any sitting on forecourts and see if I can get a better deal.

The finance deal is a launch offer with delivery in the first week of December.

December is a very quiet period for car sales so you can quite often get a good deal as the stealers have targets that they need to reach. It's worth keeping in mind though that a December 2014 car will have a lower resale value than a January 2015 car in a couple of years time, according to Glass's guide anyway.

Pete

The finance deal is a launch offer with delivery in the first week of December.

December is a very quiet period for car sales so you can quite often get a good deal as the stealers have targets that they need to reach. It's worth keeping in mind though that a December 2014 car will have a lower resale value than a January 2015 car in a couple of years time, according to Glass's guide anyway.

Pete

Yeah thats something else I've considered. Might be worth waiting fir a 15 plate!