More Cosworth Power upgrades for BRZ/GT86

ZMANALEX

id be interested if it was my first rwd car, like in the way I was interested (and bought) an MX5 a few years ago as my first RWD car. But I've since moved on to desiring faster more powerful things :blush:

also, the price for the supercharger just seems a little steep... in terms of cost per HP gained, £4,000 to gain 60bhp is worse than spending £1000 on an uprev and supporting mods to get a measly 20hp.

surely a better idea would be to swap out the standard 2 litre NA flat 4, and swap in an older 2 litre turbo flat 4 from a Subaru impreza STI - that's 280bhp straight out the box... but I appreciate this is kinda missing the point with the GT86, its not about absolute power!

• Like 1

id be interested if it was my first rwd car, like in the way I was interested (and bought) an MX5 a few years ago as my first RWD car. But I've since moved on to desiring faster more powerful things :blush:

also, the price for the supercharger just seems a little steep... in terms of cost per HP gained, £4,000 to gain 60bhp is worse than spending £1000 on an uprev and supporting mods to get a measly 20hp.

surely a better idea would be to swap out the standard 2 litre NA flat 4, and swap in an older 2 litre turbo flat 4 from a Subaru impreza STI - that's 280bhp straight out the box... but I appreciate this is kinda missing the point with the GT86, its not about absolute power!

On that note why us it so god dam dear to supercharge the zed

Becuase you need to import everything thats required, Vortech not being that cheap of a brand to begin with.

• Like 1

Interesting topic, i was perusing Nsx's the other day as it would be a car i would like to own, having realised in essence the base Nsx is on a similar par performance wise to 350's and the Type S (a bit better) and the Type R (better) are astronomical money i started scanning forced induction kist for one, $10K plus a base kit which is going to work out similar into £'s. £3600k from Tarmac for a 350 kit (not as expensive as even the above)

Its obviously they just feel because the Nsx costs more they can charge more as they are appealing to a wealthier demographic, sure the products may vary slightly, but in essence its still the same thing, some tubing and a supercharger of some make and description (in basic terms).

P.s Before anyone says i fully appreciate the Nsx is way more than just hp levels, but couldnt justify £25k to have a good that just looks better than a 350.

Edited by Jetpilot